Share informations for mediabox into linux

Hello,
I wanted to share my information on the video tests under the khadas linux images.
The test passed into VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V0.9-20200530.

Video: h264 1920x1080 30.000fps

• mpv without gnome-shell: OK, small lag
  • vlc ( apt ) : KO on CPU only
  • mplayer : OK with small lag
  • xmbc : not compiled

av1 1920x816 25.000fps

• mpv without gnome-shell: KO on cpu only
  • vlc ( apt ) : KO on CPU only
  • mplayer : OK(very small lag) and CPU OK
  • xmbc : not compiled

Note:

• mpv : No hardware support for all encoders
  • vlc ( apt ) : No hardware support
  • mplayer : Support all encoding work also 4K with small lag.
  • xmbc : No EGL supportted on this kernel. I with try to merge mesa and mali drivers.

If you have any other idea, I am interested. In all that, I quickly made a mediabox in Go and mplayer but it is very unsatisfactory for commercial. Note Firmware Libreelec work very well under android.

2 Likes

Why don’t you try coreelec

to watch the video correctly, you’re right,
with all switching frequencies and screen resolutions, and much more

even netflix works at 1080p for all movies… some tv series alone works at 540P

1 Like

but I think the first post looks like some kind of test, but definitely not for viewing
:slightly_smiling_face:

Even if it is a test… I think it would be best to do it in coreelec… coreelec is best or mediabox

everything can be implemented for android too, a special emphasis on this is made by a respected mo123,but he as I understand it does it for Rockchip

Yes it is a tests with video.

I try coreelec, it is very good. But how modified of add program into the linux ?
Do you have source of coreelec ?

1 Like

what do you mean, in more detail?
official site here

Coreelec is essentially linux… u can still use it as linux too…

yes exactly, but you will have access to less linux packages and modules

For the moment, I have not found any comment used as linux. For me, it will save my life.

I have go programs which have been compiled under linux arm64 but which are not recognized. I think that I don’t start for this problem.

the VIM3 is compatible with Aarch64 applications only :slight_smile:

yes So I compiled with image keras. I retested :slight_smile:

@ronron Does it work now?

Yes I had compiled with ubuntu 18.04.

The file say:
test-go: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1, not stripped

:slight_smile:

And under Coreelec say “Not found” when I execute file :frowning:
CoreELEC:~ # ./test-go
-sh: ./test-go: not found

1 Like

what it is about if it works well
:slightly_smiling_face:

CoreElec and LibreELec is JeOS (Just Enouh OS) for watching videos, so user cannot actually install apps like they can do on a normal Linux systems. They are basically OS give is built just to launch Kodi app.

Users can add plugins of apps like browsers and office suite and it should work as a desktop distro, but it is mostly for watching media content.

CoreElec and LibreElec is not an app which you’re trying to get its file build information.

In fact, linux coreelec is on ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM-EABI5, not arm64.
I don’t had access to disk nvme :x and NPU not ready.

There are one bug on coreelec, when you turn off the tv, everyone turns off via the anynet protocol (samsung). When you turn on the khadas again, he can’t find the TV.

Do you know create Image CoreElec for Krescue ?

Running CoreElec over sd card is very simple just follow the guide from CoreElec