Rough out of box experience with Tone board

Yep, Physically here, Virtually there :joy:

1 Like

I stated I was using pulseaudio which is the most popular Linux userspace sound system.

2 Likes

Guessed that a long time ago,
see @THD0000001 is ok to make assumptions, that’s how you can find out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you are correct, I read right over that, my bad, my apologies.
Still, always a good idea to give as many details as known.

I am happy that you found the solution. What will you do with the original TB, maybe it can be repaired. It would be interesting to see if the USB-C connector(port) is at fault. I would also be curious to know if the GPIO USB would work. But those are my curiosities. :slightly_smiling_face:
Enjoy the music.
Have fun!

I’m sure it could be repaired, but unless someone at Khadas is going to reimburse me for the board it’s getting returned to Amazon. Ultimately there’s some assembly issue it seems. I have the tools to repair it, but don’t feel I should pay this much for a board and then do a free failure analysis on it :slight_smile: Oh, and the Khadas USB-C cable was flat out dead on arrival and never worked with anything.

I’d suspect there’s a problem with the TVS diodes, ferrite bead or the VIM header / USB connector switch. The TVS diodes looked like they weren’t mounted so level.

maybe someone can help you from the official Khadas technical support to solve the problem

No idea how to reach them. I’ve spent a lot of time troubleshooting this TB already (see this entire post…). If I have to jump through hoops to reach tech support it’s not worth it. I have plenty of other projects… like eARC on the VIM3L that are more interesting.

2 Likes

yes, vim3L is an interesting board

As your new TB works in all scenarios, without the issues of the original TB in the same scenarios, return sounds reasonable.
I spoke of repair in the event return wasn’t possible, glad you have the return option.
Cheers.

1 Like