[ROM] SC VIM3L Pie ATV Debug v4 20211122

BTW, @superceleron what is your build system ?
did you ever try to do a water cooling loop ?, you can really reduce the heat, especially using a Workstation with high end Xeon chips…

its assembly on the Androyd system, do you mean that?
or technical assembly vim?

The server used for building images…

well im using dual xeons setup( two E5649), 24 threads but the cpu’s are from 2010 (32nm…) and 42gb ddr3 ecc ram.
And a dual water cooling for this setup is expensive, and i already spend to much money on it.
Anyway the actual cpus get only max to 56cº while compiling, now the vrm go up to 70ºc… the issue is the fans… they expell all that heat lol and im like 40cm from it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

32 nm ?, That explains your problem mate, I had a Intel i3 laptop with an i3 330M, same problem,
except it was a laptop, it literally melted the laptop’s plastic casing, and I started getting all these green bars when doing video playback and soon later the display wouldn’t work, why ? because the GPU had been BBQ’ed by the CPU

you better do something mate or that dynamic duo is going to start BBQing you… :grimacing:

1 Like

and what temperature did you reach?

overall 70 ° is not so critical

1 Like

well for now it has to stay like this, until i have some more $$$ :slight_smile:
Ye i know about that issues with laptops with dedicated cpu’s i had the same on a old HP dv9000.
But this one it’s not going to die, this is though stuff made to last a long time, all of it are server quality even the motherboard.
The gpu well it as a gigabyte gtx 970, its my old main pc gpu.
My main PC it a lot more recent, but that one i do not use to compile stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Umm, I don’t know, maybe 100°C !!!

1 Like

overall 70 ° is not so critical

Ye its not, but its for me that im right next to it LOL :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm I know, it is tough running a family and being able to spend a lot for something that is more of a Want and Need,

I have understood those hardships from my dad as well, I believe you know how it is for middle class people living in India, If you are not some industrial bigshot, or don’t have Political influence, you are stuck to the life you live…

But Sometimes he is able to save some up and buy me something nice once in a while, that once was able to get me a shiny new VIM3 and a brand new replacement laptop for college, I still want to get my family out of this financial struggle and get a chance to have a better life…

But still our family values Passion over money :slightly_smiling_face:

i think, it’s in any country so, buddy
:relieved:

Ye i get you, i do not know how old are you but i have 4 kids, one already finished university and the other is in it now.
The other 2 are younger and still in basic school.
But ye i do not like money but we need it, it’s how life is :frowning:

2 Likes

we love money, money do not love us
:hear_no_evil::upside_down_face:

Well, I am Old enough to understand all this hardship, especially in such tough times, when it is difficult for many to get their daily bread, many of our friends and families have been unemployed here due to layoffs, we are just lucky that we escaped with a scratch :worried:

2 Likes

you can say that one or another way…

ye this is hard times… but lets get back to topic, or else ppl might get annoyed we are doing general talk in a rom thread lol

2 Likes

it’s a joke, but in life it’s like that…:confused:

2 Likes

yes I agree, I better get back to studies, got a big test coming up tomorrow, and I need to ace it,
suffer today and enjoy tomorrow like they always say…
See you later mate’

2 Likes

yes, there is a technical forum
:wrench::gear::slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, good luck to everyone!

2 Likes