[ROM] SC VIM3L Pie ATV Debug v4 20211122

Hi, I saw that you were complaining about the lack of voice input on the remote control, so this is good news for you, there is a lot more good in the firmware, by the way, this top-end firmware in the Android environment is considered. Plus, through the Magisc module, you can implement ATV without any problem!

Good luck!

1 Like

Guys keep the topic clean from other non legit fw’s.
Thks

3 Likes

forgot to add. After I installed version 3 I got a voice search, thanks superceleron! I don’t recommend the second version, but the third version works fine!

3 Likes

glad is fixed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Will V4 be coming to the VIM3L?

Martin

in due time, right now i need to do a new ATV USER build for the vim3, and also all flavors to vim2.
Vim1 i’m going to skip it, i do not have the time to do 4 builds to all, so i’m dropping the support to the old vim1.

1 Like

Updated ATV user build to v4.1, only change is that now is in enforced selinux.
I wont be doing an selinux enforced Normal build, i not see the point on it.

2 Likes

Sorry this was meant for the VIM3 thread and not the VIM3L one :stuck_out_tongue:

@superceleron how delete your OS?!? when I trying to install another image from the SD card, it does load firmware mode on VIM3L … when reboot is always: the red background, black robot logo “AndroidTV powered of superceleron” :thinking:

Well just flash it over USB, i do no know about sdcard if its works ok or not!
Or maybe that fw you flashing is does not flash the boot logo.

@superceleron I was searching different ways to use the board and found your topic. thx 4 all! I have a Vim3l HTPC and have been using it just with coreelec on emmc.

I used krescue to install VIM3L-Android-TV-SC_USER-v3.0-20201125.raw.img.xz on emmc and everything was fine with the OS. Some apps don’t appear on play store to me (like star plus or google tv) but I think that’s “normal”.

Also installed Kodi on it but it got so slow compared with coreelec on emmc. So I think I could just load coreelec from SD/USB but it’s like @laritus described. Cant load when reboot board or can’t switch OS with option after long press power button on Android screen. I had to flash another OS on emmc with burning tool to use krescue again and install coreelec.

I liked to use ATV with it (my tv is so old and doesn’t have nice features) but I use Kodi/coreelec a lot. do u have any advice for me?

1 Like

Not really, but i did notice the krescue images have some issues with ATV builds.
Still do not know why.
Anyway Vim3 and Vim3L builds are in a need of a update, i will try to do it as soon as i can.

1 Like

Not really, but i did notice the krescue images have some issues with ATV builds.
Still do not know why.

So I’ll flash it directly to emmc using burning tool and test

Anyway Vim3 and Vim3L builds are in a need of a update, i will try to do it as soon as i can.

That will be awesome!!! Thx in advance 4 that!

Do u think star plus and google tv can work on new builds?

Unfortunately no :frowning:

Updated 1º post.
From now on i will only supply DEBUG builds, i do not have the time to also do the user builds.
To many builds to manage and i really do not have the time for it.
Sorry!

Hi all, not sure if this is a common issue, but after writig this image with krescue I couldn’t get an SD card to act as internal/adoptable storage, no matter how many I tried or how fast they were. They always showed up in ATV as removable storage, with no option to convert.

I solved this by using adb from the Android Platform Tools - you’ll need to download these from here and extract: Catatan rilis SDK Platform Tools  |  Developer Android  |  Android Developers

then connect your phone to your PC and execute the following:

adb shell
sm list-disks

• In my case it listed disk 179:128

sm has-adoptable true

sm set-force-adoptable on

sm partition disk:179:128 public

sm partition disk:179:128 private

sm list-volumes all

• Volume information is displayed, in this case volume 179:130

emulated:179:130 unmounted null

sm format private:179:130

sm set-force-adoptable off

sm set-force-adoptable on

exit

A few unnecessary steps in here like turning adoptable off and on at the end, and formatting public. These were just to ensure it was working as expected. Once rebooted, go back in to storage settings and you can move apps to the SD card.

Hope this helps,

mullie68

I don’t know why, but the video quality using coreelec is much better than ATV. I have already disabled DNR but it still looks like 720p.

Will there be any new release?

coreelec codecs are better than the ones used in android.
And DNR on my builds are disabled, even if you enable them :slight_smile:
But it still looks crap, but that is more a android 9 problem than other thing.
About a new rls, i really dont know if i will do another one for the VIM3L, but i suspect i don’t… :frowning:

I have installed yesterday ATV for VIM3L. Unfortunately I can not get back to Coreelec.

I have tried everything. Since the installation even booting from sd card, to get krescue running, is not working.

The only thing that works is burning an image with usb burning tool but to do this I need an image of Coreelec for VIM3L. Any image from github doesn’t work to get loaded into the tool, always an error therefore it must be an image that was compiled from khadas team like every Image I can download from their library.

can you provide the image file for me?

Well, i think coreelec going to stop their support for the VIM3/3L and older khadas boards.
Im not a coreelec expert so…(im an android dev) the one still being updated and working on older khadas devices is LibreElec is almost same as coreelec diferent team(former coreelec devs…)
here is the link to their latest builds.

Now how to install, this is from correlec wiki but its same for libreelec:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:khadas

Good luck.