Questions about the Tone2 Maker Kit

When will the Tone2 Maker Kit be available?
Thx

Matt

1 Like

Pre-order is available now and we will ship out the orders on later October.

Have fun!

What are the default filter settings for the Tone2 Maker Kit?
Thx

Matt

I mean with the Tone2 Maker Kit there is no Volume Knob, so I assume there are only default settings similar to the Tone1. Correct?

If I am right, so what are the default settings?

Maybe someone of the Khadas team can answer this question?

@Eric68 ?

Thx. Matt

Hi

• Tone2 Maker Kit is made for DIY customers,similar to Tone1,it is updated version of Tone1.

• Tone2 is a high performance DAC with balanced RCA output.

• Tone2 Maker Kit and Tone2 have the same mainboard. The difference is the form.Tone2 Maker Kit is sold PCBA,but Tone2 is finished.

• As to volume control,both Tone2 and Maker Kit can control volume through rotary knob on the top like Tone2 Pro.The volume can be hardware volume and USB HID volume.

• About the default setting,Tone2 and Maker Kit have 3 default settings,default volume is 50%, default audio input is USB,default filter is Apodizing.

Thank you for your attention to our products.

So the “rotary knob” is included also with the Maker Kit?
As I intend to use the Maker Kit with an analogue preamp I want to have 100% volume output.
Thx

Matt

Hi
Yes.You can use both Maker kit and Tone2 finished.

Hello everyone,…

My English is not as subtle as I would like it to be, so I allow myself to post this topic with these question that I ask myself concerning the Tone2 MK.

How should this sentence be interpreted?

Hi
Tone2 and Tone2 Maker Kit are delivery without MQA function,because the XMOS inside has not enough resources.If you have MQA demand,we can realize this function by updating the firmware,but you should accept other function removed. About the details you can contact to us.You can also realize these functions below by this method:

• MQA;
  • Multichannel(8 CH PCM or 6 CH DSD);
  • S/PIDF out through Balancd RCA.
2 Likes

Hi Eric, I’m interested in enabling mqa on the Tone bord 2. What functions do I lose with the firmware that enables mqa? Is mqa decoding complete? Thank you very much

Hi
Tone2 can achieve MQA,but MQA is not full decoder,just only MQA Renderer.
In addition these functions below are not supported.

1. PCM768/PCM705.6;

2. All HID Control operations with rotary knob,included stop/play,next/previous.

If you want MQA full decoder,you should choose Tone2 Pro instead.

Okay. Thank you for the reply, I think I will buy the tone1 to start this audiophile experience. Can you tell me where I can buy a case for the tone1 since I can’t find it anywhere?!? I have to use it with Raspeberry

Hi
You mean you have a PCBA of tone1,and want to buy a case for tone1?
But we do not make cases for tone1.

Yes I want to buy the tone1 but I can’t find a case anywhere to put it in and leave it naked on the table I don’t like it very much

Hi Davide, I picked up one of these from AliExpress, not brilliant but ok, and the best I could find https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003098444335.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.35.21ef1802me3j9R

1 Like

Many many thanks!!!
Top!!

Hello David,…

You know that Tone1 is NOT MQA !

Yes… I need tone 2 for mqa…

Hello @Davide_Mor

Tone2 Pro in fact, Tone2 is not MQA embeded :wink:

To clarify a little :
Tone1 family (formerly Tone-board) :
Tone1 as 2 versions, Generic Ed. (standalone PCB) and VIMs Ed. (GPIO PCB)
Tone2 family :
Tone2 (enclosure) is NOT MQA but is GPIO possible
Tone2 Pro (enclosure) is MQA but NOT GPIO possible
Tone2 Maket Kit (PCB version of Tone2/Tone2Pro), see below for more on Tone2 MK…

(Eric68 Khadas Team
(Questions about the Tone2 Maker Kit - #9 by Eric68)
Hi
Tone2 and Tone2 Maker Kit are delivery without MQA function,because the XMOS inside has not enough resources.If you have MQA demand,we can realize this function by updating the firmware,but you should accept other function removed. About the details you can contact to us.You can also realize these functions below by this method:

MQA;
Multichannel(8 CH PCM or 6 CH DSD);
S/PIDF out through Balancd RCA.)

1 Like