OOWOW looks amazing!

From what I’ve observed of it on a couple VIM4 preview videos, OOWOW is a real game changer!!!

1 Like

Thank you for your praise, we will try to do better :smiley:Hope OOWOW can really help you

1 Like

Oowow Looks a lot like krescue on spi. We can do the same on vim3 as well.

1 Like

Interesting concept.

I think its good to have something on spi instead of just putting it which adds cost and never using it.

It would be much better if there was a complete firmware on spi which could boot from multiple io.

But oowow is a brilliant concept too.

Great work by khadas team.

1 Like

oowow can be run at any time if you need to perform essential maintenance services on your device. (for example no need other software or additional devices anymore for install reinstall restore OS … device easily can be standalone - and its really amazing )

It would be much better if there was a complete firmware on spi which could boot from multiple io.

SPI-flash contain oowow & u-boot together! this composition provide many other features

• boot efi distros
  • boot any linux distros from any removable sources like SD, USB-storage, etc and network
  • no need additional boot loader its already presented on SPI-flash
  • or run oowow if need device maintain or get fail-safe mode
2 Likes

Interesting, so if i insert an sdcard with just linux boot files without any uboot then it will use uboot from. Spi and boot into linux from sd card?

yes absolutely right, same for any other removable devices SD USB etc

1 Like

How do i go back to Oowow menu that i received on first boot. I am new to khadas vim 4, i plugged it in and i was presented with an option to install ubuntu or android. I chose and installed ubuntu on emmc. I want to try Android now, is there a way to go back to oowow menu to erase and install android now?

How do i go back to Oowow menu that i received on first boot.

is there a way to go back to oowow menu to erase and install android now?

just install new OS by Wizard and no need erase previous

1 Like

Thank you so much. I installed android now. How do I flash the os to my sd card from oowow ? I cannot find an image to download for vim4 on documentation.

please clarify what do u need ? Dump emmc image from EMMC ?

What o need is SD image for vim4

For vim3 we have this:

But I can’t find this for vim4.

You cant find it because its not exist :wink: images for SD card will be prepared soon

1 Like

Do you know if Fenix can build such a image for vim4 for SD card?

oowow images

@hyphop Thanks for the details, i have three questions:

1. My understanding is that oowow images are meant for emmc, is that correct? Is it possible to install android image appearing in oowow on sd card or is it only for the emmc?

2. I also found this image here, can this be used on sd card?
    dl.khadas.com - Index of /products/vim4/firmware/android/

3. I installed android 64bit image on emmc and it didnt output anything on hdmi screen, is that expected? how can i extract logs without any output to gather whats going on?

at this moment all images only for emmc
but next time same will be possible to install into other storages like SD USB NVME

this image for aml-burn tool and again just for emmc

I installed android 64bit image on emmc and it didnt output anything on hdmi screen, is that expected? how can i extract logs without any output to gather whats going on?

installed from prev location ? or via oowow wizard ? from dl.khadas.com - Index of /.images/vim4/

if u have please UART please provide uart console boot logs

I actually reinstalled and it works now.

Hello, I allow myself to share with you an idea of collaboration mentioned on the CoreElec forum. (about OOWOW and Kodi)

wellcome please send me all ideas etc … as private messages to me @hyphop

1 Like