No more SDBoot possible after Update to VIM3L_Pie_V200624

Hello, Have you attempted to erase the eMMC? If so does the problem persist?

yes, we tried to help, but I should note that the person’s device is fully functional! but it does not work to boot into sd, while the sd slot itself works! :thinking::confused:

1 Like

yes I did - with Burning Tool and even via “android boot menu” (green robot with open belly) which is accessible, wen using android>>update>>aml_autoscript.zip

Mailed Khadas support half an hour ago, with request for assistance on this topic - maybe some Devs have another trick up their sleeves :wink:

1 Like

you have a very strange problem for me, but I hope you solve this problem! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When you say you erased eMMC using the USB Burning Tool, do you mean you set it to erase flash, or you interrupted the flashing process around 15%?
@4ltj4 @hyphop
I can confirm the same difficulty as you have described, on my VIM3, ref latest Krescue boot failure with latest Android 9( VIM3_Pie_V200624.7z) on the eMMC. I understand yours is VIM3L, but they share much.
I resolved the issue by clearing the eMMC using the USB Burning Tool interrupt method, then reflashing the VIM3 with the previous Android 9(VIM3_Pie_V200319.7z) image using the USB Burning Tool. Krescue would successfully boot after that.
I again flashed the latest Android 9 and again the Krescue would not boot successfully.
At this point I have flashed the previous Android 9 version and Krescue successfully boots again.
Something seems amiss.

I set Burning Tool to “erase flash”

So- the “interrup-method” is like Burning a valid Image and PULLING THE PLUG @15% ?
(will try later)

Yes, disconnect cable after 15% completion, doesn’t have to be exactly 15%.

UPDATE: now my Vim3L is absolutely dead.

-tested with 3 different Power Supplies (5V, 9V, 12V) and 2 different cables.
not even the initial blue LED lights up :scream:

You did the interrupt? If so, did you try to boot Krescue?

I brought you medicine :pill:

now you need to define the board

do a triple quick press of the middle button, preferably in the USBBurningTool to monitor this action.

Yes, I tried three methods after clearing the eMMC.
Triple function button press - works
Hold power, press reset, release power after 10 seconds - works
Hold power and connect USB cable - works.
Also, with cleared eMMC, I think the board will be in update mode by default when connected to the USB Burn Tool.

• Yes, did the “interrupt” worked:

Power+3times Function --> flash older Android with AMlogic Burning Tool
afterwards. HoldPower10sec+Reset. boots up my emuelec :smiley:

A DREAM !!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for your support!!!

1 Like

none the less… this android image is crappy. :wink:

Glad you are making progress. I was working on a reply to your pre-edited post when I noticed the edit. I like the edited post better. :grin:

As to the Android image, with you and I both having the issue, perhaps hyphop can identify the error and it will get fixed in the next Android 9 release.

Very glad your VIM3L lives. Hope you enjoyed the burger. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have not looked closely to see what Khadas firmware these are based on, but superceleron offers a couple of custom ROMs for the VIM3L. A standard Android and an ATV Android.
I recommend reading each of his post carefully to determine their suitability for your needs.

I will installtoemmc my EmuElec and use my Kodi on SD – I’m fine for now (and exhausted) :laughing:

(but I know these roms - but they dont offer vulkan support - this was the only reason I tried the v200624_android :wink:

1 Like