New Tone Board is not recognised by Macbook Pro

Partly one of the reasons is that decades ago, Apple made a big footprint that their company is the Icon for innovation, and that is no lie, they made the first touch smartphone, the first thin laptop their MacBook air, all of this created so much trust upon them, trust that can’t be broken,

I have a iPhone 4 which was handed down from my mom, and it still works, its been 8 years, and it still works, yes it is outdated but still works, my dad who has a android phone has changed 3 phone in its time span, all of then had software and hardware failures which is crazy, it shows the engineering scope of those engineers,

On their mobile units their performance kills android phones with their custom processers,
ex. their A13 bionic surpassed the SD865 before it was even released !, That’s not luck, that’s quality engineering.

but I wish they could show some of that passion on their computers though :confused:

3 Likes

There are excellent Android brands out there, I have two Xiomia Redmi phone’s. One I inherited from my wife when we upgraded her’s and its still going strong after 4years. Choose your brands with care and you can get cheap and reliable hardware.

Shoog

3 Likes

Yep, you have to heavily check the device for any engineering defects, or whether its hardware is capable for not just the present time you buy it, but Atleast a few years into the future…

Till now in the Market what I have seen is Soc makers getting Slaughtered everyday,
by newer more faster more efficient, more capable processers,

but there is only a handful of “reliable” processers

1 Like

Personally, I do agree with @shoog that you can “choose with care and get cheap + good”, this is true.

At the same time, the average consumer relies more on “top-of-mind” branding, as they are time-constrained. This is a human cognitive bias known as “bounded rationality”, which is why companies spend so much money on advertising to achieve “top-of-mind” status.

A simple example, if I say “soft drink”, you’ll immediately think: “Oh Coca Cola!”. This is called “top-of-mind” thinking, governed by the law of bounded rationality. Given a choice between “traversing the forest of products to find the right-one” and “top-of-mind”, I think 80% would go with the latter.

So the root problem is “mental laziness”, which is why people who buy a new laptop may just say: “OK Apple!”. Marketers (and magicians) are especially skilled with exploiting human cognitive bias.

My personal belief is if a company can achieve “top-of-mind” status, then it is their responsibility not to screw their customers. So management (as Warren Buffett says) is very important, they must be very wise, and also believe in karma. :smile:

Apple’s struggle/temptation is always between (a) should we reduce hardware spec and increase dividends for shareholders, and (b) lets not screw the customer. This is a finely tuned balance between shareholders and customers, that management has to maintain or risk a consumer backlash.

3 Likes

By the way, I constantly visit the Khadas forum from a smartphone from a Chinese manufacturer, in the Android system. I only had two smartphones for all the time of Chinese brands! :joy::robot:

2 Likes

tsangyoujun,

I wanted to ask, do you show production on your YouTube channel, is it Khadas production? I really liked how there every small detail is examined under a microscope! you also have a good marketing company, which is why I acquired Khadas :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, I too Was intrigued by your production facility, Fresh and Hot SBC right out of the oven :yum:
All those A311D chips ready to get cooked.

1 Like

I was looking forward to when I can get vim3, and when I received and saw the circuit board, I immediately realized that it was done very high quality! :star_struck:

2 Likes

For some reason I think of Khadas as the “Arduino company” of SBC’s, because each board gets so much care and love, yes there are many other SBC companies like HardKernel, NanoPi, and Rasberry pi, and orange pi and, every other fruit related pi, but honestly I feel they just treat your SBC like :face_vomiting: and put it in some mediocre packaging,

but you know that a company cares about your SBC, when they put it in a hard cardboard case with a foam bottom :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes, I understand what you are saying that Khadas has ecological products!:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the pleasant feedback guys :smiley:

@Vladimir.v.v that’s our partner’s manufacturing facility, it’s huge!

@Electr1 yea a lot of companies do that, very common practice.

Yup we always do our best to strike a balance between protecting the environment, and ensuring that packaging looks and feels great! That’s another long story. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

whoever In charge of making/designing the packaging, They did an awesome job :+1:

1 Like