New Tone Board is not recognised by Macbook Pro

Are you saying that people are not trying anything and just complain, because that is not true, not everyone can correct the problem on their first try and be a winner, it takes Effort to go through all the parts of the problem and find the root of the cause,
so it is irrational to think in that way :neutral_face:

Whatever the issue, you should show respect

2 Likes

The penalty of locking yourself into the MacOS ecosystem is many things outside of it simply don’t work when plugged into the Mac. Its designed that way to keep you buying overpriced flashy trash.

Shoog

Not Necessarily, Most of Apple’s stuff is closed source and only Developers get a peek of their action,
most of the Proprietary stuff is the reason Normal consumers can’t enjoy stuff like this with any simplicity,

Take for example their lightning port connector, it’s royalty is super high making, genuine Apple cables to be available more expensive than HDMI, which was one of the most expensive,

Moreover they don’t want to pay royalty to other companies, so they dropped the headphone jack on their iPhones,

All this is kind of crazy but it is what gives them money, and gets food on their plate ,why would they ever want to stop that and starve ? :disappointed:

1 Like

yeaaah ! respect man !!!
this is IDEAL tone board case

2 Likes

The case I use:

4 Likes

Nice, rock solid casing :smile:

1 Like

Why make false statements? Your post is irrational much like your logic diagnostics 101
Explain why would you not try another USB-C cable in this scenario first?

@THD0000001 your question makes no sense to me, it is like trying to ask whether the chicken or the egg came First,
I was not in the place of Perro to understand the problem,
so I could only think of the possibilities, not test his device physically myself.

Please, if I said anything offensive towards you, I apologize to you

Modestly and tastefully! :+1:

1 Like

I got into digital music only a couple months ago, so there’s a lot of new experience to absorve for me at this point. My background of course is not at all in IT.
The macbook I’m using I stoled from my son. I had never ever dealed with Mac OS, so I definitely I’m not a “mac person”.
My logic here is that the cable provided with the TB is the “approved solution” from Khadas. With that logic in mind, it never ocurred to switch the cable, which now looking back, it was the easiest solution that should have been tested before going into rabbit holes (like upgrading the OS which has led to other issues).
Fun stuff the digital music thing. It has been keeping me busy during quaranteene.

I’ve had a chance to test the TB for some days now and I’m very happy.
I have 10 year old peachtree nova amp/dac and but now I’m bypassing the dac. I can hear the difference. More clarity overall, tighter bass, better soundstage. Easier to raise the volume and maintain comfortable/undistortioned output. Very good product.
Thanks for All.

4 Likes

Yes, That is why I mentioned it early on, usually the best first step, if one has a substitute cable. While the official Khadas cable is fine, defects can happen even in new items.
Glad you got it going and are enjoying the TB. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha yea, being a long term Mac user myself…I do agree that 60% of the stuff they produce is indeed over-priced flashy trash - hardware wise its always a little out-of-date and overly pricey for the spec.

But where I think Mac shines, is the software integration. Their products do work well together, and are generally more secure than android or pc versions.

Everything has it’s pros and cons…I too pay the apple tax…but I do have a choice, I’ve not upgraded my iPhone since the 10. Waiting on USB-C support…:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dear @tsangyoujun,
A friendly reminder from your Humble consumer, please don’t copy Apple and create anything like “Khadas tax” :sweat_smile:
It would be a bittersweet situation :grin:

1 Like

Aye, I hear ya. So far we’re still more of a hardware company. :smile:

The issue I’ve found by studying other companies, is that software development (good software development) is really difficult, and thus expensive.

This means that you could buy a cheaper device, but they may have cut corners with software security, reliability, etc. Probably OK if the application is not mission critical.

Mac users would note that Mac OS is free. So in Apple’s case, the development fee has to come from hardware and/or services.

1 Like

yep, I guess so software development takes a long time and it is not cheap for especially good software that is super optimized and stuff.
Atleast its good to see that you guys make Overkill hardware with optimum software at these prices :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the case of Apple, people pay a lot for the brand itself :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A lot of the appeal of Apple is in slick marketing. It also offers total control of the user environment which makes it a lot more user friendly and stable for the enduser. However it locks out user choice and flexibility and makes it just about impossible to achieve certain things. It also creates a user base who can’t perform basic fault finding procedures and I have encountered personally the sort of entitlement that this breeds in its users when they hit problems.

For me the price is far to high.

Shoog

3 Likes

Yes I’ve always thought about that in a philosophical manner…

Better Products —> Dumb Consumers —> Knowledge Asymmetry (few know a lot, many know nothing)

After a while the company has too much control over the consumer, since the consumer isn’t smart enough to create a choice for himself.

Then either another company steps in (competition) and offers an alternative, or its viva la revolution baby. :smile:

So personally, I try to keep myself as knowledgeable as possible - within my own abilities of course, I can’t know everything. There has to be some base-self-sufficiency, so the balance is maintained…otherwise the entire system becomes overly skewed, and tips into chaos.

2 Likes

Plus Apple is one of those companies whose engineers and Marketing team can make even the most crappiest computer specs look like a luxury item, I don’t want to say anything offensive but they are sooo good that they can make even crap look glorified :crazy_face:,

that’s the power of them to appeal to consumers taste, and they have brainwashed people to buy their stuff or even get their heads turning even if they can’t afford it,

the latest MacBooks underperform and are now where near worth their money, My Windows laptop has the same specs as the latest base model MacBook air but is faster than it, but it still makes me want one just for its other aspects, who else agrees ?

1 Like