My Tone Board just stopped

Seems you missed this :smile:

The cable is black one, right? (We have two different USB-C cables, early one as gray color and new is black)

Yes the black one with your logo on it.

The black one should be works fine on KTB and without the issue of connection.

How about this? The KTB just cannot work any more or some times work but not stable?

Please read what I wrote above. It just stopped working after a few days and now it doesnā€™t work at all.

Yes, I read but just want to double confirm with you on this.

May I know that where you purchased the KTB, and maybe you can contact the customer service for a return.

You can show this link to the customer service to speed up the process.

Sorry for this trouble!

Good day!

1 Like

Under Khadas.com/contact? I tried.

I get ā€œSomething went wrong. Try again later.ā€

Anyway else?

You buy the KTB from Khadas Shop, right? or other site like AliExpress or our distributor?

I bought it from the Khadas shop/website. It came from El Monte, CA. 93171

OK - my email went through.

2 Likes

Hi charmerci,
i just get your ToneBoard today, and do a simple check,it works fine at so far, not meet your problem.
i want to know more details about your playback environment.

• do you connect a USB Hub to connect ToneBoardļ¼Ÿ
  • which system and music player you use? (i test on windows 10, foobar2000v1.4.6)
  • have you every install xTIMEcomposer-Community_14 and Thesycon-Stereo-USB-Audio-Driver-V224?

thankā€™s for your help,i will do more test to find out why.

2 Likes

Windows 10 and JRiver 25. I did also have it attached to an Audioquest Jitterbug. Itā€™s been a while but Iā€™m pretty sure that I tried it without the Jitterb. As I said, it worked ( turning it on and off for several days) before it suddenly stopped.

Hi charmerci
Iā€™ve been listening for a week, but I havenā€™t met the situation you said yet. Our colleague has already sent a new one to you by express delivery. We are still testing your one to find out the problem.

2 Likes

I received the replacement today.

It played 12 and half songs and suddenly the music stopped. So I stopped the song on JRiver 25 (did you try to play music back using JR 25?), when I tried to play a song again, it said 'the output was incompatible with 44Khz 2 channel output. Something could be wrong with the hardware compatibility. Please check output using DSP Output." I tried to change some settings in various ways and nothing worked.

So I unplugged it, reattached my other DAC, played music through that, then replugged the Toneboard back in and it started playing again!

A few more songs, then it stopped again. Same thing. Replugged the old DAC and back to the Toneboard and itā€™s playing again.

I think that somehow, sometime in the future, this thing is going to stop again. Stay tuned!

1 Like

I know @kenny uses his Foobar2000. If you want to try it, I can send it along.

Jriver is working for now. If it stops again, I can download foobar - though I might have it already.

2 Likes

I tested J-River for a time when the license hadnā€™t expired yet, Iā€™m using the Mac version and it ran well. The situation I ran into was if the USB-C cable was loose, and I accidentally jiggled it, the ā€œmomentary disconnectā€ would stop the music playing.

@charmerci to get Foobar playing DSD, you have to install some plugins. It is a bit challenging.

1 Like

I donā€™t use DSD and it wasnā€™t a loose cable. I check these things. I have been into high end audio for 40 years. Sometimes though it would stop playing after a slight static electrical shock on the laptop or system as the laptop rests on top of my pre-amp. But does that explain why it wouldnā€™t work after rebooting the whole system while staying grounded the whole time?

Hi charmerci
The one you sent back has been put on my side for testing. It has been playing for 2 weeks. At present, havenā€™t meet your situation . PCM and DSD audio have been tested.I still use it to listen to songs.

I think the program maybe need to be adjusted. It may be the installed driver, or it may be the playback software.

please try:

• Uninstall xTIMEcomposer-Community if you have been installed
  • Uninstall the XMOS driver and reinstall it again. (Maybe you have a different version)
  • please use foobar2000 to check out whether the problem is caused by the player.
    download
  • If it is convenient, please send me the playback software Installation package you use and tell me your software settings.

hope that could help.

1 Like

It most likely would be that as this ToneBoard didnā€™t play again last night played directly from my laptop.

And today, it played again!

This is just really weird.