MIPI camera on Android Pie just giving blueish image in camera app

420, 422, 444 and what about these modes?

Don’t know. Never tried it. Why do you want me to test for these?

Why not?
try different options.

This is for Android 1080p

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll test that. Thanks @Vladimir.v.v. Where did you find these settings? I didn’t see in touchscreen.

Android- Droid Settings- Display- Screen resolution- Color Space Settings

1 Like

Okay thanks, @Vladimir.v.v

Can someone help me fixing that blueish tinge even in ubuntu Yolov3 NPU demo, please?

1 Like

@Frank Please follow up it

3 Likes

Hey @Frank, Can you please provide a solution coz I’m really stuck here.

@CodeLogist Can you show me a photo when you run the yolo demo ?

1 Like

Hey @Frank, Thanks for your reply. The image while using NPU demo for MIPI was looking similar to this image only(posted above) But this one is from android as currently I’m on android. If this image doesn’t help you, I’ll reflash Ubuntu and run the demo again for you.

@Frank, I think the IR cut filter is enabled by default, Can we disable it?

Hey @Frank, I have attached the Image while running YOLO demo below. Kindly see to it and please help me to make that camera feed look clearer and disappear this blueish tinge. I really hope that it is a solvable issue. I am using MIPI camera in while running this demo.

Kind Regards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@CodeLogist Hello , try this command in framebuffer mode

v4l2_test  -c 1 -p 0 -F 0 -f 0 -D 0 -R 1 -r 2 -d 2 -N 1000 -n 800 -w 0 -e 1 -I 0 -b /dev/fb0 -v /dev/video0

And faceback me that the color with the screen.

3 Likes

Thanks @Frank for the command. I can see clear image now. The issue is IR cut right? How can I change the demo code to disable it?

2 Likes

Ohk @numbqq added support for IR cut just now here: NPU Demo and source code

Also, Android camera app blueish video feed was solved by flashing new Android Pie ROM posted by @Terry here: VIM3 Android Pie V200624 ROM Release

So, I got the solution for this.

Thank you everyone for your support :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Frank @Terry The IR cut camera option in android is resetting upon reboot. Is this correct behaviour? Is it possible to make it remember the setting?

@Makro Hello , I confirmed with Terry, this option is not saved .

@Frank Is it possible to make it remember the setting? Hardcode it to stay in “IR-mode” as default? Now the regular camera is the default setting.

@Makro About open it as default , you need to ask @Terry for help

You can update the file screencontrol.rc on board.

# adb root
# adb remount
# adb push screencontrol.rc  /system/etc/init/screencontrol.rc
# adb shell sync
# adb shell reboot
1 Like