NPU Demo and source code

can put image what ls /dev prints… ?

The camera is / dev / Video1, and the model is Logitech HD webcam C310

Hi everyone,

I’m have trouble while using:

root@Khadas:~/aml_npu_demo_binaries/detect_demo# ./detect_demo_mipi /dev/video0 1 > /dev/null

I’m getting very bluish image while running this command on VIM3 using Khadas MIPI camera. I have attached the Image while running YOLO demo below. Kindly see to it and please help me to make that camera feed look clearer and disappear this blueish tinge. I really hope that it is a solvable issue.

But, When I use MIPI camera on Latest Android Pie: https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Android/VIM3_Pie_V200624.7z using the built-in camera app I can see a very clear output, as attached below:

Kindly Note that, I even had the same issue of bluish tinge on images from MIPI camera in Previous version on Android Pie: https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Android/VIM3_Pie_V200319.7z and it is resolved by new update in android add camera ir-cut control menu and maybe disabling the IR cut filter by default at first by @Terry.

So, I think it can be an issue regarding IR-cut filter or RGB24 (8 8 8) pixel format, but I don’t know how to solve this.

Can someone please help me?

Kind Regards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @CodeLogist

Yes, it all about IR-CUT. You can use the camera test command to get the preview image with IR-CUT anabled or disabled.

• IR-CUT enabled:
$ v4l2_test  -c 1 -p 0 -F 0 -f 0 -D 0 -R 1 -r 2 -d 2 -N 1000 -n 800 -w 0 -e 1 -I 1 -b /dev/fb0 -v /dev/video0
  • IR-CUT disabled:
$ v4l2_test  -c 1 -p 0 -F 0 -f 0 -D 0 -R 1 -r 2 -d 2 -N 1000 -n 800 -w 0 -e 1 -I 0 -b /dev/fb0 -v /dev/video0

And which image you used to test ? I checked the latest Ubunt Focal image, the image display is correct when run the Yolo demo.

4 Likes

Thanks @numbqq, disabling the IR cut works. I used Ubuntu kernel 4.9 as the latest kernel 5.7 don’t support touchscreen. What did you changed in demo code to disable the IR in latest version? What should I edit in code just to disable it?

Hello @CodeLogist

I have updated the demo to add IR-CUT control support. Please update your repo.

• IR-CUT enable:
$ ./detect_demo_mipi /dev/video0 1 on
  • IR-CUT disable:
$ ./detect_demo_mipi /dev/video0 1 off
2 Likes

Ohk Thank you so much @numbqq, this feature is much needed Thanks. I don’t see any documentation about this feature on forum or docs. Should I make another post about it and write the solution their itself for other new members?

Regards

3 Likes

Hello @CodeLogist

We will add some information to docs, thank you!

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

Can someone help me there on topic: Modifying NPU demo app to run on GUI desktop or support touch response in FrameBuffer mode

Its relevant to current topic only but though it would be better for new members also to create a new topic.

Thanks

1 Like

@numbqq please help me! Thanks you? demo edit in code, new camera Sony IMX586 8000 x 6000 48 MP, please help me! ISO Low Min Max 1 - 102400, Up Exposure time min max 1/25000s - 256s

1 Like

hi
Is there now a demo that can accept rtsp input and video file?
thanks

1 Like

Hi @RichardG maybe @Archangel1235 might know something, he was talking about implementing rtsp with some demos…

How to run the build_vx.sh, as it gives me the following message, any help is apprecaited.
I am trying to compile my own model and build it on the khadas aml_nputy _app so as to generate binaries, but having difficulty in running this script. Please help!!!

1 Like

Hello, ask the user about this question, he seems to know the solution, good luck!

1 Like

thanks sir, take good care

2 Likes

Refer also to Khadas docs.

It’s not clear which paths to give, and it throws out the error. The steps for compiling are not very clear in the documentation. Please help me out

I have compiled my model successfully in the sdk acuity toolkit but I am not able to compile it in the aml_npu-app-master so that I could move the .so files to the board for compilation. Please guide.

Hello, Khadas team will be coming out soon after the holidays and I think they will be able to guide you right too!

thanks will be waiting urgently

@Dhruv_Gaba Hello, Please download our lastest relase code , it support local compile , you don’t need to build with HOST PC

1 Like