Merry X'Mas: Free Tone2 Pro for Top 5 Khadas Forum Members!

Oh you’re going to be mind-blown if you’ve never heard a DSD file played from your Tone2 Pro at native resolution of 11,000,000 hz (or 24,000,000 hz if its a DSD512). By comparison, standard PCM formats which we listen to everyday are mostly encoded at 44,100 hz, the difference in the sound field is staggering.

You may have to call your local post office and ask them about your package - its possible they tried to deliver but you were not at home. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s okay, everything is under control, I’m tracking the package!
I will definitely listen to quality music via T2P, it seems like my stereo system is not a complete bottom for listening to quality music.
:grinning::loud_sound::+1:

1 Like

Bummer, I am out of town for a few days and cannot be with the T2P. The anticipation is killing me. :grin:

3 Likes

Hmm nice i let my “kid” know, hes really enjoying it, and already talks on just use the motherboard audio and give me is dedicated sound card… lol

2 Likes

T2P is in my hands, as soon as I have time, I picked it up at the post office, on the weekend I hope to deal with it, thank you all! :relaxed::+1:

5 Likes

Well!!! It’s about time. :joy:
Very glad to learn that it arrived safely.
The aural pleasures begin now.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys, but keep in mind, the ministry of health warns that loud sound is dangerous to health! :joy:
Take care of your health!:point_up:

2 Likes

Yes, I think I read that somewhere. Have also read that health is the first wealth. However, one of the good things about super high fidelity, high volume is not required to enhance the listening pleasure. The dynamics, cleanliness and range take the place of the ear-bleed levels of volume used to find pleasure in lesser devices. Heck fire, the T2P is practically a safety device in this way. :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes, Khadas take care of our health! :wink::+1:

1 Like

The enthusiasm is palpable! :laughing:

At the same time, I’ve discovered that when the sound is super-clear, it is often easy to listen to high volumes without realizing it. In conventional audio systems, we often hear intense distortion at high volumes, so our natural instinct is to turn it down - but I notice this does not occur for the Tone2 Pro, its distortion-free all the way into the high volumes.

This is why in my videos I recommend first muting your Tone2 Pro, then gradually raising the volume to a comfortable level.

Enjoy! :smiley:

2 Likes

@tsangyoujun I feel that with my current newbie headphones It lacks the extra gain that I am very accustomed to, I have already increased the gain with the knob to the max limit, it there a way to maybe increase it a bit more ? :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, most likely it’s your headphones, what kind of model?:slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, and no listener fatigue that I have notice. Just the sweet, sweet sound.

I see your point, kind of like when driving a powerful automobile, speeding is effortless and can occur without forethought or even realizing it, until the blue lights slip up behind you…Curses, you V8 in a little car.

1 Like

I use: Sony MDR-ZX110NA
I’m sure its not my headphones, I found my laptop DAC had a bit more gain,
maybe I have to alter the equalizer settings :slightly_smiling_face:

I would say that they are very cheap, perhaps this is the reason, I looked at how much they cost on the market :man_shrugging:t3:

Check that you’re in high-gain mode:

3 Likes

yes, as I said it was in high gain mode
but never mind, I just created an appropriate equalizer profile in foobar, and now it sounds just like I prefer it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s odd, 24 ohm is well within the maximum 150ohm limit for the 3.5mm jack (300ohm is for the 4.4mm pentaconn).

Are you using hardware volume or software volume? If you’re on bit-perfect DSD playback, software volume should be disabled. :slight_smile:

its hardware volume :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay that is a little odd, 24 ohm is well within the capabilities of the Tone2 Pro :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like