Merry X'Mas: Free Tone2 Pro for Top 5 Khadas Forum Members!

@JustSumDad its not an MP3 player, its a DAC, (or in layman’s terms a sound card)
you basically stream audio files from your PC, SBC, over USB-C or give coaxial input from your DVD player etc. and it gives out high quality audio. you can either connect a headphone/earphone from the 3.5mm/4.4mm audio jack or balanced RCA output :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The mp3 player, of course, has its own internal dac + audio player, but it works exclusively with the mp3 format, which is already outdated. In the case of T2P, everything is different, it is specifically only dac, which can work with all modern audio formats (DSD,MQA), which As for the quality itself, it will still depend on the quality of your headphones or studio monitors for listening to music.

I see thanx guys :slight_smile:
been wondering what this would do for me :slight_smile:

Yes absolutely any source, be it a computer, TV, phone, any vim or Edge :grinning::+1:

@JustSumDad judging by your current dream to pursue an scooter-pc style of thing, It could act as a crystal clear audio output, but the problem is, wires wouldn’t be very good idea while driving, and would be too distracting and probably take the concentration off the road…

if its media consumption, its what @Vladimir.v.v has told you :wink:

1 Like

No problems! In this case, Khadas has planned to release a Bluetooth-module with HD-codecs.
:ok_hand:

1 Like

I mean, the wire from the tone2 to headphones would be distracting,
the bluetooth module is for receiving the audio, not transmitting it…

No, it is for transmission, this is the whole point of TWS-headphones, that is, wireless. :wink:

perhaps @tsangyoujun can clarify

I believe it is a BT receiver, designed to receive BT signals from a phone or other source. In other words, it receives a remote source’s audio and sends it to the H/P outs or RCA outputs via the DAC.
" Function: High Resolution Bluetooth Receiver"…Exceprt from here.

3 Likes

yup, that is what I thought :slightly_smiling_face:

Here are the details about of the SoC Qualcomm QCC5125, that BT Magic is built on …

… which suggests otherwise.

Well mine is still M.I.A. lol

The Bluetooth module is for reception!

“Pro Audiophiles” do not use BT audio, that’s way too low brow. :wink:

1 Like

I only looked briefly, but I gathered the SoC was designed to be inbuilt in to wireless headphones, speakers and other devices where a small form factor is needed. In that case, its use would be the same as Khadas is using it here, to receive BT audio from another device. In the case of headphones the SoCs audio output is fed to whatever amp/preamp the headphones use, Khadas feeds the SoCs audio output to the input of the T2P.

You and Vladimir.V.V both. Hopefully these are temporary setbacks, and your T2Ps arrive soon.

3 Likes

well, I figured it out, the processor QCC5125 serves only for processing and transmitting data, and the module itself is for receiving over the air, just no one could explain.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What do you think, what is the cost of their equipment for this category of people?:thinking::wink:

1 Like

Well mine just arrive today, and is already snatched by my “kid”(26y old not really that kid lol, but for me it always be), hes more to audio than me, so hes enjoying it.
Anyway thks to khadas for the tone2 pro :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Once you’ve got your Tone2 Pro, you must try out “bit-perfect playback of DSD files”. The audio clarity will totally blow you away (48kHz versus 28Mhz sample rate). I’ve made an instructional video here:

4 Likes

Wait, I can’t keep up with you, my package seems to be moving, but again it got stuck in the suburbs. :joy:
Well, my 2.1 stereo system is quite normal for an amateur, these are Edifier speakers and a Cambridge Audio subwoofer, so I think I can appreciate it!:+1:

1 Like