Manjaro Linux - KDE-Plasma & XFCE for VIM1

did you include a copy of my boot.ini in the image ?

No. As I dont have it.

edit:

1 Like

I will go through it tomorrow and check if it is necessary to be included in boot to make it work with Linux OS in EMMC.

Thanks

I’m beeing preparing my SD card with your latest image on it…

All the best :smiley:

and is the / permission also fixed ?
edit: I might mix w/ noProxy’s distro…

I dont have any permission issues with the current build

my boot.ini injected, distro booted, setup done, and after reboot, no trace of wlan0 ,
so I needed to manually install the 5.2.x wifi drivers ( Wifi-firmware-linux-5-2-0.1-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz) as before,
but that reintroduced the DNS issue, what a mess! I reflashed.
Then I had to do the systemctl disable + reboot to regain control over the DNS situation

but still no hdmi soundcard detected by aplay…:upside_down_face:

There should be no DNS issue as it was resolved by the manjaro team in yesterdays built.

I guess there is something to do with the boot.ini file.
Screenshots below

which dtb file do you use ?

The khadas vim one. I dont have the exact file name now. But its the same from the tutorial link.

new link for my boot.ini

i use this dtb:
/dtb/meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb
you provided in your image

Any luck with what you wanted to achieve ?

no, unfortunately still cannot understand why audio does not work here, using same image as you, but 2 different ways to start it

One is by editing boot.ini and second is by default process right ? using direct boot with 4.19 kernel of Ubuntu.

Maybe you can Flash Android and test Manjaro build if everything is fine with you then will create script to install Manjaro in Emmc.

I still don’t explain which process is the real default process : with or without a boot.ini,
we (you , @_no_proxy & me ) are supposed to all have the non multiboot ubuntu Khadas official firmware (and uboot 2015) in our EMMCs but we do not have the same behavior at boot time

You can echo somthing in boot.ini.

I in fact echo a message at the beginning of the boot.ini file, and it gets printed on screen for sure.
When I don’t put that file in the SD, only the kernel on the EMMC is used, then / is anyway mounted off the SDcard, giving an unexpected but “working” marriage

Your image has the same problem as my 5.2.2 kernel, I think it’s a boot problem.