Manjaro Linux - KDE-Plasma & XFCE for VIM1

What problem are you facing with it?

LIMA driver cannot work

Oh you mean not able to boot in x11?

Yes, ______________!

But you already built one image successfully with 5.3 rc, how is that working

Just compile it with similar config, but new net/wireless/core.c caused brcm firmware cannot be loaded, I made a little change.

[root@Melt-PC linux-5.3-rc1]# diff ../Documents/linux-5.3-rc1/net/wireless/core.c ../linux-5.2.2/net/wireless/core.c
862,874d861
< 	for (i = 0; i < rdev->wiphy.n_vendor_commands; i++) {
< 		/*
< 		 * Validate we have a policy (can be explicitly set to
< 		 * VENDOR_CMD_RAW_DATA which is non-NULL) and also that
< 		 * we have at least one of doit/dumpit.
< 		 */
< 		if (WARN_ON(!rdev->wiphy.vendor_commands[i].policy))
< 			return -EINVAL;
< 		if (WARN_ON(!rdev->wiphy.vendor_commands[i].doit &&
< 			    !rdev->wiphy.vendor_commands[i].dumpit))
< 			return -EINVAL;
< 	}
< 
[root@Melt-PC linux-5.3-rc1]#

I removed this new code.

Why do you reinvent the wheel and break the working system ? In the main kernel since version 4.x has native support for Wi-Fi model VIM1. It is enough to specify the correct kernel configuration and use the official Linux sources to obtain firmware files. Everything works there.

I just want to learn something about Linux kernel, so I think making wheels is a way.

Let him do it, As this is the way to learn. As youā€™re there to guide use :smiley:

Yes thats ok, But the question is as there is already native kernel driver present then why do you have to remove those lines, You just need to correct firmware.

Iā€™ve tried new firmware(20190717), and I didnā€™t find a way to correct the firmware, donā€™t know how to set this " VENDOR_CMD_RAW_DATA".

Hi guys, is there anything new and positive to share here regarding manjaro and fully working wifi ?

Kvim1 have it working.

Manjaro and Wi-Fi is working fine.

Please share your best build sofar when it s ready for beta tests (with GPU support, hdmi audio, DNS OK with WiFiā€¦)

Will try to work on Kernel 5.3 rc1 and see how smooth is the GPU then I will upload it for testing.

2 Likes

I think I 've made some cleaning in my emmc by flashing the effectively latest ubuntu from june 2019 and w/ kernel 4.9.179, so Iā€™m very willing to retest any latest build from you @Spikerguy !

I think you can test the 5.2 build for now, As I have tried compiling 5.3-rc1 but failed 3 times as it takes alot of time for me to compile. I will try in few days if I see any success I will upload it soon.

is Manjaro-ARM-minimal-kvim1-19.07.img.xz @ https://yadi.sk/d/wg5Kb_O0NhpHug your latest 5.2 minimal build ?

Yes it is 5.2. Try it

iā€™m not 100% sure but ut seems that when emmc contains latest 4.9.179 (fenix 0.6) based ubuntu, boot.ini is not not as mandatory as in 4.9.40 (fenix 0.4) based ubuntu I used beforeā€¦

I struggled and I finally had to put this particular boot.ini on the SD card to make it boot properly
https://pastebin.com/C37LWnhd