Manjaro Linux - KDE-Plasma & XFCE for VIM1

I find the need , after reboot, to run dhcpcd to get an IP addr for ethernet a bit annoying, please fix it

It is from the manjaro team, KDE built dont have any problem with resolved or dhcpcd, Coz while building it take opensolv as default.
I will check this with them.

the fact that wifi-menu does not find ssid on channels 13+ is another annoyance, how to configure legit wifi channels at a system level ?

using the shared connection of my phone, wifi on Vim1 fails:

sudo wifi-menu
…to create the profile, then

sudo netctl enable wlan0-Deasmc5
sudo netctl start  wlan0-Deasmc5
[  862.877507] audit: type=1130 audit(1563719319.272:31): pid=1 uid=0 auid=4294967295 ses=4294967295
 msg='unit=netctl@wlan0\x2dDeasmc5 comm="systemd" exe="/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" hostname=? addr=? t
erminal=? res=failed'
Job for netctl@wlan0\x2dDeasmc5.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status "netctl@wlan0\\x2dDeasmc5.service"" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

This look familiar to me, I want to report this to the manjaro team. It is happening since 19.06

let’s say that wifi is unstable and useless for now…

Wifi Was working for me in the DE builds. LXQT and KDE.
I will test minimal tonight and update on this.

regarding audio, after…
sudo pacman -S alsa-utils
aplay -l
fails to detect the hdmi audio devices

sudo pacman -S pulseaudio-alsa

I did install pulseaudio and the recommended pulseaudio-alsa, but no soundcard is detected at all

dmesg | grep audio

Try this check if you have any driver there

this search gives empty result

try Audio or something like sound etc.

[raxy@manjar0 ~]$ dmesg|grep error
[   14.289852] platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db failed with error -2
[   14.384456] brcmfmac mmc2:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.khadas,vim.txt failed with error -2
[   16.492882] brcmfmac mmc2:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.clm_blob failed with error -2
[raxy@manjar0 ~]$ dmesg|grep Audio
[raxy@manjar0 ~]$ dmesg|grep sound
[    2.750075]   No soundcards found.
[   13.925432] asoc-simple-card sound: i2s-hifi <-> meson-aiu-i2s.4.auto mapping ok
[raxy@manjar0 ~]$ dmesg|grep udio

sudo pacman -S pavucontrol

This is just a controller, I am checking what is missing in Minimal edition against the DE editions

I know pavucontrol, but this is a pulseaudio GUI, I have no gui, and the issue is visibly on the lower alsa level

you just need Alsa, Pulseaudio and pavucontrol packages for audio to work.

try to reboot after installing all these and also try
pulseaudio -k and try playing something.

rest I am not sure whats going wrong in it.
But I will try my minimal build tonight and update you

as far as I know, and i did many audio command line ubuntu apps ontop of alsa and pulseaudio, alsa is embedded in the kernel, does not come as a package and is the minimal stack to use to send audio to a sound device

what I have installed are:
alsa-utils, alsa-tools, alsa-firmware

but aplay -l still says…
aplay: device_list:272: no soundcards found…

I tried to get minimal but I dont have Lan cable network, so I was stuck with no network to install alsa and other tools I was not able to connect using my Mobile Data or USB tethering.

So I build and image with alsa, Pulse, wpa-supplicant
aplay -l shows HDMI audio with meson and HDMI audio works fine for me :smiley:
Using this I was able to hear audio.

speaker-test -t wav -c 6

Minimal Linux 5.2.0-1 with Alsa, Pulseaudio, htop, openresolv and wpa-supplicant
Wifi, ping and browsing worked fine and there was no need to disable systemd-resolved as I used openreolv.

Now you can enjoy what you wanted to do with your VIIM

nice from you, thanks, i was about to test your server 5.2 image, can I easily update kernel to 5.2 from this Minimal Linux 5.0.2-1 with Alsa ??

Sorry it is Linux 5.2.0 Typo.

Updated Link

1 Like