Looks like I killed my VIM3, is it possible to reuturn to KHADAS for repair?

probably some kind of video tutorial can help, do you think?!
:thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

I believe I have already made a video for android installation :smile:
I will make a video explaining the various ways to enter upgrade mode if requiredā€¦

1 Like

yes, something like that, people really have a lot of questions, I donā€™t even know why
:man_shrugging:t3:

It is just the starting of the learning curve, it is based from experiences
this could even be a new experience for you and meā€¦
only the heavens can tell whether this is new or notā€¦

buddy, youā€™ve become more philosophical
:wink::+1:

It has become more of a pain than a gift for meā€¦:sweat_smile:

many thought that the board was dead, but in fact it was not so, and it happened more than once

Yes, but the the reason was a different case for different Peopleā€¦

Itā€™s hard for me to say, because we donā€™t see whatā€™s wrong with them, but only there are entries on the forum

There is no other way to help others by being right next to themā€¦:disappointed:

therefore only a forum!

This doesnt make me an expert with these devices, it just makes me a fool with my money

When i bought my Shield i was thinking COOL i have the best ever tv box, but then im thinking but now i want to tinker with firmware and try different apps and then delete and start over and try custom roms and delete and start over but the shield has non of that.

The Khadas is what i was wanting,

Some videos.

The HDMI cable and USB-C cable headshells appear to be causing duress on the USB-C connector(port). Not saying that is the source of your problem, but it cannot be ruled out. In the future, I would use an HDMI cable with a smaller headshell.

Thanks for replying.

I only used the USB-C cable to make the videos as I always power the VIM3 via the 12 volt power supply so IMO it is unlikely to be the cause of death.

Hi @Donanon
Will let our sales contact you for the return & repair.

BTW, may I know why you powered the VIM3 with two power sources?

Hi Gouwa,

I used the two power sources independently of each other and never the two of them at the same time. I only used the USB-C cable to try an update of the VIM3 for the video I shot. I have always used the 12volt supply.

I want to thank everyone who posted in this Thread, while I could not get my VIM3 to work I think the replies show the level of camaraderie and generosity of time that a well run Forum can exhibit.

I put my SBC in the Post to Khadas on Wednesday so I am hoping to have it back in hand within 6 weeks or so.

5 Likes

Can you share some update? Were you able to get it repaired? Just curious.

He did mentioned that he sent it back to Khadas for a replacement unit.