Looks like I killed my VIM3, is it possible to reuturn to KHADAS for repair?

Yes, and I’m curious to know whether the repair went fine, how long it took and how much it cost, if any. Just for future sake in case I get any such problems, it’s better to know the procedure

Unfortunately my VIM3 disappeared between Canada and Hong Kong, never to be seen again. When I shipped it to KHADAS my options were for tracking at $83 or not tracking at $11. I chose no tracking, trusting the Postal system to deliver my package, but alas someone wanted the SBC and I assume repaired and is enjoying it even now. I bought a VIM3L to replace it and have been very happy with it.

Hmmm. Considering a basic vim3 is 99usd, the cost of tracked parcel was too high so I think you went with better option.

Great anyways…

How is paying 11$ and loosing the device a better option ? :thinking:

@Donanon what shipping service did you send it through ?

Repair a dead device by sending through tracked shipping (80usd) and finding out it can’t be repaired

Buying a brand new working device… (80usd)

Hello everyone. Yes, once I wrote about this in my post. It’s a pity of course to lose your vim3. It’s good that now you have vim3L. I would probably try to repair it in my city in a desperate situation with the board.

How sturdy is a vim3 compared to a desktop system? AFAIK a desktop can’t be bricked unless the hardware fails.