LibreELEC for Khadas EDGE (RK3399)

So the crash is caused by the sound card?

Hi Nick
I do not understand why the first time you start the sound card works, and after rebooting causes a system failure. Perhaps the first time you use the sound settings (and all other system settings) by default, and when you restart the LE tries to use the new values. Still nuance. If you clear (completely erase all content) the STORAGE partition (create a situation like the first time you run it, where all the default settings for all components are used), the kernel still crashes.

I think I found the reason.

@Frank can you check the latest version of LE 20190719 ? Iā€™m trying it myself and I donā€™t see a crash anymore, but I need to make sure that no other edge instances will have a crash.

@balbes150. OK.And can you tell me which version you used with EDGE-V?

I checked on EDGE+Captain so far (the system crashes were the same on all models).

@balbes150. This is sad news that the same thing happens when I test.

You can check this recommendation @chewitt ?

disable kodi.service > reboot > allow ntp to update > enable/start kodi.service

@balbes150 OK , check it now.

And the second test. The very first launch of LE (immediately after image recording) is performed when the network is disconnected (disconnect the LAN wire). After the first start and setup , you can connect the network wire.

@balbes150 ,This I was tested today. The same thing happens when I test.Sometimes the system crashes.

Try using the dtb ā€œkhadas-edgeā€ (not edge-v or edge-captain) everywhere.

Try to add in the settings LE that would KODI waited to launch the network.

@balbes150 ļ¼ŒI try using the dtb ā€œkhadas-edgeā€ with EDGE-V13.The system is still crashing.

@balbes150. I check it again with Caption V12 that the same thing happens when I test.

@balbes150. Is there any new information?

I havenā€™t checked anything else yet.

1 Like

Hi @Frank
When you have time, please check the new version of LE 20190425. It has HDMI built-in sound disabled (I use USB sound card). I am interested in the stability of the work (not be a failure to run KODI). I tested it on all my EDGE models, the drops not see . By the way, I noticed another oddity are not clear. At first start I have BT and it works correctly. But after rebooting, it disappears and the adapter is no longer visible.

@balbes150
When I finish my work, I will confirm these problems as soon as possible.

1 Like

@Frank Do not rush to check, there is the same error. If possible, check the old version 20190425.

@balbes150
OKļ¼Œ Iā€™ll tell you the result when I finish the test.