New version LE 20190320

Update image ver 20190412

1 Like

Update image ver 20190425

1 Like

Update image ver 20190517

3 Likes

Update image ver 20190606

Hi balbes150, thank you for all the time and effort youā€™ve put into making these images. I just received my new Edge-V (v13?) in the mail today and tried loading these up, but unfortunately am having a lot of trouble getting networking to work (both Ethernet and WiFi). I lose probably 1 of every 5 packets and over SSH the connection drops repeatedly. I tried both the arm and aarch64 images, but the same results (also noticed no WiFi shows up when I used aarch64).

I noticed when booting into Android on the eMMC the networking is rock solid, which at least rules out my own networking.

Iā€™m also unable to get my m.2 NVMe drive to show up in the LibreELEC image. Itā€™s formatted as ext4 and shows up when I run Edge_Ubuntu-server-bionic_Linux-4.4_arm64_SD-USB_V20181115.img, but donā€™t see it listed in /dev/ on any of the LibreELECs.

What DTB are you using ? The dtb for edge + Capitan is enabled by default. Itā€™s not the same with EDGE-V. I donā€™t Have EDGE-V , so I didnā€™t check on it. Maybe @numbqq can test LE and Armbian on EDGE-V . May need to adapt the current DTB to the new edge-V version.

@Frank Please followup.

ļ¼Øļ½‰ @balbes150, I test it in EDGE-V and edge+capitan with LibELEC,Iā€™m unable to get it .So can you tell me which DTB is right.Iā€™m not sure whether I need to change the DTB.

What image do you use ?

LibreELEC-RK3399.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190606140016-a41fdf1-khadas-edge.img

This image on EDGE+Capitan should work without changes. Download. Unpack. Write a special program on the SD card. Connect SD to the EDGE (Capitan). Turn on power. The system should start. Do you have a UART console ?

Try the 20190517 arm version.

LE is no patch to work NVMe. Iā€™ll add it to the next issue. The patch is in Armbian with kernel 4.4

1 Like

Hi @balbes150. The borad work well,just I canā€™t find my M.2 SSD.My command is df -h ,I donā€™t find it. and in /dev I donā€™t find the node.And I will test with 20190517 arm version.

@balbes150 Thank you so much, Iā€™m really excited! Iā€™m using the ā€œrk3399-khadas-edge.dtbā€ DTB file. I didnā€™t see any specifically for the Edge-V. (In fact, I canā€™t even find any others on your build - is there a site to grab the dtb files from?)

Iā€™m familiar with https://github.com/CoreELEC/device-trees-amlogic for Amlogic, but donā€™t know of a Rockchip equivalent. I found references on the lkml for a ā€œrk3399-khadas-edge-v.dtbā€, but have no idea where to find this file. I checked in the nightly Armbian Ubuntu ā€œnextā€ image you provided, but didnā€™t find it in /usr/lib/linux-image-next-rk3399-tv/rockchip/, only the -edge version.

Khadas Edge V5 seems to have extra gigabit LAN and PCIE, not present in Khadas Edge. So itā€™s dts for LibreELEC can perhaps just get changes from mainline patch @numbqq posted.
Also ā€˜voplā€™ must be disabled for 4K playback to work correctly.

I hope the mainline driver for the wifi for Khadas Edge V5 will also be able to be build in future.

1 Like