Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

are your talking about this list https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/ ?

Happy new year,
@numbqq @hyphop I suggest you integrate fenix actions images here https://github.com/khadas/fenix/actions/runs/414714178#artifacts and kescue to let us choose also the latest builds directly from github and do one step automatic flash from cloud to emmc !
Cheers.

1 Like

You cannot.

Anyways any Rolling Release distro added to Krescue will fail after bootloader package gets updated cos manual manipulation is done during the creation of the image.

I will have to make a special image for krescue without the boot-vimX package so they don’t break after update.

Do you need it for the emmc ?

3 Likes

Anyways any Rolling Release distro added to Krescue will fail after bootloader package gets updated

very interesting :wink:

I will have to make a special image for krescue without the boot-vimX package so they don’t break after update.

just need to make normal package or images

1 Like

UPDATE: all Manjaro Linux images are updated

changes

• update/upgrade issue was fixed (now we can do sudo pacman -Syyu without problems ) big tnx for @Spikerguy for clarify problem
  • added new images : VIM3L.Manjaro-ARM-mate-20.12.raw.img.xz and VIM3.Manjaro-ARM-xfce-20.12.raw.img.xz

NEED MORE TESTING !! TNX for all

NOTE: remove old images and re-download again !!!

5 Likes

NEW Manjaro Linux minimal images for VIM1 and Edge

• VIM1.Manjaro-ARM-mini-20.01.raw.img.xz
  • Edge.Manjaro-ARM-mini-20.01.raw.img.xz
3 Likes

Can a file manager be added to krescu? Or can the files in emmc be edited via shell?

krescue have simple file manager already (only for listing and delete download image files )

for explore internal emmc u can use simple shell

1 Like

I don’t know which route to take to reach emmc! I opened shell but could not access emm.

next magic linux commands blkid mount mkdir cd can help u :wink:

2 Likes

Vim3 start krescue and connect to router with Ethernet, but ssh or web connection are refused by krescue.

I am not having any problem, what website are you trying to connect to ?

Try connecting to your PC and connect to 192.168.4.1

YES ! last versions need one time change settings → networks → firewall → private
for allow income connection

4 Likes

i love my emmc volumio.

2 Likes

I’m new to Krescue I’m having problems with my vim2 it keeps randomly restarting I haven’t go a clue what’s causing this I was told that Krescue could sort this problem out I’m a beginner I was told you can do it with a Mac I’m not sure what I’m really doing it looks very complicated to do.

plz clarify your problem!

• which OS have problem ?
  • try start krescue and check reboot problem

NOTE: krescue have two main functions

1. store / restore emmc
  2. rescue and check setup your sbc
1 Like

My vim2 will not stop random restart or rebooting it’s been doing it for so I even returned it back to you and your engineers said it had been fixed they it’s not restarting or rebooting but as soon as a get it back I’m using as a media center I was watching a movie and restarts or reboots back to when I power on the vim2 it’s been doing this since February 2020 I’ve tried everything factory reset I’ve downgraded the image I’ve tried the latest os nougat for the vim2 it still restarts the only thing I haven’t tried is changing the power supply and cable I bought my vim2 back in 2018 so I’ve had for quite awhile I’ve even mentioned this problem I’ve got on the forum I’m hoping I can get to the bottom of this it’s definitely something not right with my vim2 the reason I know this is I’ve got another android device and I’m watching a movie it hasn’t gone of once.

Please add uboot update menu to “krescu”. to update easily without harming the operating system.

How do you do that I’ve never done this before could you explain to me in detail.

just write krescue to sd + Index of /Firmware/Krescue/system

and start your sbc from sd - enjoy