Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

Well, that, and they have way better lawyers and more of 'em. :rofl:

1 Like

too bad, they should advertise it more clearly, it’s like a scam everywhere I look, I wanted to get my dad a 512 GB personal backup SSD, in reality it was more like 463 GB,

However, In this matter I give a hats off to WD (western digital)
They give a better advertisement rather than 256GB SSD they say it is 240GB,
but in reality it is 236 GB Yes it is not the exact number either but atleast it is advertised closer to the actual capacity… This is how you make customers even more satisfied (Samsung please take notes here …)

What they should do is be sneaky, yes yes sneaky

Put different versions of firmware in Krescue list then on the files link, because some files you cant access threw Krescue and some files you can load from download section and use SD card or USB burn tool

When you fire up Krescue there are links in there to download and install the firmware, maybe have beta versions or something only Krescue users can try hehe!!

300 downloads of yada yada file threw Krescue, 500 downloads of yada yada from files downloads section?

i will try clarify

1. Download folder created for krescue images downloading
  2. other images u can put on root or another folder - ( not necessary put images to download folder )

@hyphop just to clarify…
we can place the backup *.kresq or *.img.gz file in a pendrive or hard disk and do the recovery right ?

lost in translation[quote=“hyphop, post:410, topic:5945”]

• Download folder created for krescue images downloading
  • other images u can put on root or another folder - ( not necessary put images to download folder )
    [/quote]

Lost in translation

If i download all images say VIM1 how big will folder need to be?

How many are there ?
are you including every single image release ?

no but thats kinda what it sounded like, im not sure i understand what hes saying to do

1.) Krescue downloads kresq files to the downloads folder.
2.) You can place images you have downloaded otherwise, on the root of a card or in a different folder, also, any card can be used, not just the Krescue prepared card, your choice.

Sizes are displayed of all VIM1 images, all one has to do is the addition. :smile:

Oh, its saving it to the machine? i thought it was saving the files to a disk, like SD card

I know the download goes to ram or temp file before install but i thought from a dump goes to the card?

2 plus 2 is 4 minus 1 that’s 3 quick maths :rofl:

sorry it was some old song lyrics living in my brain :grin:

When Krescue downloads kresq files from Khadas, Krescue places them in the downloads folder on the card, by default.

You can make the dump to be saved in any place…
A usb pendrive, or the SD card it self, it has very flexible options

I am unfamiliar with the song. Not surprising, there are one or two songs I don’t know. :grin:

Let’s not wander into the realm of hip-hop music for the time being… :smile:

yes, you can try to do this for example

I have a lot of examples to make buddy :smile:

this is good news for us :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok so ive tried this with no sucsess, i dont think im smart enough or im over thinking it

So, a few weeks ago i downloaded these VIM2 firmware from: Khadas.com>help>files>firmware

I unzipped the files and used the tool to put them on the SD card, one of the files was a “prerelease” of pie and i couldnt get the fan to work so i went back to the default firmware (nougat)

SO i thought ide try threw Krescue, its not on the Krescue list to try it so i put all the VIM2 files i have on my PC to a USB

I cant get them to load, what am i doing wrong?

All of the files are in the folder after unzipped, one file i took out of the folder and left the firmware called “update” but its not showing

What i dont get is the comands, at the top where it says => choose current dir ./ and …/ for go toup this part i dont get. Im using a USB keyboard and i tried ./ then enter, ./ then ok im not sure i understand what to do to select the folder, or open the folder or what ever the next step is.

You shouldn’t unzip it, keep it as is in the .gz file format…