Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

possible, but not recommended, to avoid problems,therefore it is recommended to download for your SBC separately

1 Like

Well the latest common version has all the updated firmware lists…

we are talking about the very image of Krescue, did I understand you correctly?

I did not check if all the images are there or not

Oh I am sorry, I thought there is a common Krescue image that is compatible with all VIMs,

BTW, does anyone know what this is ?
https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/system/VIM3.krescue.spi.img.gz

It says SPI image, does that mean it will run from the SPI flash memory ?
and what is present on the SPI flash by default ?

@hyphop please explain this for me…

I don’t know ,which one?

this is for working with peripherals if i’m not mistaken

No, there is no such firmware, I must have dreamed about it…

what i mean is it says to run Krescue for VIM1 you have to etch VIM1 Krescue, you cant install VIM3 Krescue on VIM1 im sure drivers for video, and wifi are not the same

SO my point is if we have to install a special Krescue for each VIM board why is a list that shows VIM2 and VIM3 roms it should have those hidden so we only see what will work for our board and then open up the other roms that im not seeing threw Krescue

get fun, maybe on my VIM1 Kresue there is a “get fun” line when i click it there is 3 levels of a tetris game, a puzzle game and a starwars game but starwars doesnt work :edit After a ROm dump with Krescue and a reinstal the VIM1 dump the starwars thing works now, its a just a movie with sub titles of starwars a new hope on text or something its weird

You guys must think im a crazy American, looking for ROM files for an older VIM1 that dont exsist, buying every Khadas board they make now Get fun? wtf? star wars on Krecue?

Bower tap tap tap are you whacko?

I swear im not making this stuff up

2 Likes

yes, this is a new entertainment for your leisure
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

by the way, the plot of Star Wars (1977), or am I wrong?

:grin:

Yeah i install Kresue for the games!!

1 Like

buddy, you’re the best!
:+1::grin:

I have not found this to be true. Only seems to work if using *.kresq images. Of course dumps from eMMC can be made and flashed back to the SBC. You had said you would show me how to, I know you have much on your plate, but would like to see an example of this.

Yes i want to do the same thing, i just download firmware from Khadas.com files

I unzip the file now how do i install the file threw Krescue?

D\oes the file need to be changed to something else? Ill try to do it now but im not sure how to do the task

Soi just found a new problem with Krescue

Once you put Krescue on the SD card it hides all of the storage, i used a 16G SD card but now its only 64 meg some how its hidden the rest of the storage on the card so now i cant add anything else to it.

When i try and format the card its only allowing 64 megs to be seen

I think ive ruined 2 cards now a 16gig and a 32 thinking i needed more storage to hold the Krescue, the dump file and the image file from the downloads files on Khadas.com

this is not entirely true, if you download, restore, add images, they will go to the “Dump” folder, there will be everything else on your SD-card storage

I doubt your cards are ruined. Use the SD card formatter from here. It will restore your cards capacity.
Windows cannot see certain partition types. I think there is a function in Krescue to expand the unused portion of the card. But this can also be done in gparted or other partitioning software.

Also, I have found if I cannot get a card to format, I put it in a phone or digital camera and use their format function to format the card. Has worked when other methods had failed.

to work with disks there is “Acronis”, there you need to delete all partitions and create in a new way

Thanks, i thought my cards were ruined forever, i just bought a 5 pack SD cards 1gig for Kresue for Vim1 Vim2, Vim3L, Edge and VIM3 so i can just keep it on the single disk when needed.

Ok what about this, i want to use my VIM2 but im afraid that i will get alot of work done on the VIM2 and then they will fix the firmware.

Say i use the VIM2 for a few months and they fix the firmware can Krescue dump everything from the firmware im using and then move it to the new firmware? or will i lose progress and have to start over once new firmware is released?