Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

Hello, VIM1 firmware are universal among VIM1 versions. I am not sure if that is the case with Krescue images, but I would assume it is.
In the meantime, clear the eMMC using one of the methods here.
After clearing the eMMC, try to flash it again.
Krescue can also be used to erase eMMC, if you can boot to it.

You messed up, to record a Krescue image on sd, use the Rufus program, for example

looks like krescue started but some problems with display!
but if u have net access to device its not big problem!

1. if krescue started we must have blinked white led - its like indicator
  2. use putty or ssh root@IP without password
  3. just write krescue in console and u get same user menu

if somebody dont have ssh or putty

just open in your browser and u can use same terminal without problems :wink:

SOME INFO :slight_smile:
https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/dump/README-rescue-access.txt

1 Like

Thank you all for the help, i cleaned the eMMC with the buttons method and Krescue booted, i am not sure what was the solution, but it gave me video on my TV after trying to erase the eMMC.

Now i have a working SBC VIM 1 again. Thanks.

2 Likes

which one?

PS: 3x press F_KEY - its mask rom forced boot from SD - this one for VIM1 VIM2 easy way start from sd

Hello, I am new to Khadas. Is that correct that I should use a USB-C cable or ethernet to connect my VIM and computer when I want to access Krescue via SSH?

yes ! usb-otg cable have networks connection from Krescue to host machine ! auto configured (windows host maybe can have drivers troubles ) linux host every times works fine

Krescue - access

root access

• ttyAM0 / ttyS0 - serial console (UART) - root without password
  • ssh root@krescue.local -p 22
  • ssh root@172.22.1.1 -p 22

device ip

• 172.22.1.1 - usb0 / otg
  • dhcp - eth0
  • mdns => krescue.local

web interface

UI menu

i u dont know what todo in krescue shell just type krescue and press enter

krescue

5 Likes

CoreELEC 9.2Nightly/eMMC/Krescue/IPTV

1 Like

NEW VIM1 ANDROID image VIM1.Android.Pie_V200317 for krescue

NOTES: this image have special option write without bootup logo

converted from aml-burn-tool image

3 Likes

all COREELEC emmc images - for krescue was updated - VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 VIM3L

all previous CE images was removed or rewrited

at this moment we have 4 diff images

VIM1 VIM2

VIM3 VIM3L

NOTES

1. multi-boot fixed - we can boot from USB/SD another OS or another CE version
  2. all prev updates issues - solved (dont forget auto-update self-disables on beta and dev builds - how to manual update https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/nightly-builds/1465 )
  3. some multi-boot improves for CE - this installation - can boot default SD/USB images without any additional manipulation (no need copy valid dtb file to dtb.img - dtb file will be autodetect - sure no need run upgrade mode ) - just write sd image as is - and boot from them

shell way - megaimage

display actual CE images

curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - -l | grep CORE 

https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq
https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq
https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq
https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/images/VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq

curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - -l | grep CORE 

VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq
VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq
VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq
VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq

write images via shell - megaimage

# VIM2
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM2  VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq > /dev/mmcblk0
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM2  VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq > /dev/mmcblk0
    # VIM1
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM1  VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq > /dev/mmcblk0
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM1  VIM12.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq > /dev/mmcblk0
    # VIM3
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM3  VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq > /dev/mmcblk0
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM3L VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq > /dev/mmcblk0
    # VIM3L
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM3L  VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.2.emmc.kresq > /dev/mmcblk0
    curl -sfL dl.khadas.com/.mega | sh -s - VIM3L VIM3x.COREELEC.9.2.nightly.emmc.kresq> /dev/mmcblk0
4 Likes

So what’s the difference if I install your Krescue CoreELEC image to my VIM3 instead of installing CoreELEC using their ceemmc tool? Did you do any tweaks/fixes in your images?

One advantage of ceemmc is that it should be possible to dual-boot both Android and CoreELEC from the internal eMMC instead of just dual-booting from different media (didn’t test this yet myself but I will when I have the time).

not big different ! just only khadas IR/RC woks out of box + and no need any additional preparation with dtb + krescue installation dont have any deps from install system - just install and use it

both installations have same coreelec base - without changes

One advantage of ceemmc is that it should be possible to dual-boot both Android and CoreELEC from the internal eMMC instead of just dual-booting from different media (didn’t test this yet myself but I will when I have the time).

krescue rewrite all emmc content every time , but u still posible to use boot from sd or usb other system

2 Likes

Thanks. So no specific U-BOOT modifications or anything? If I install your Android firmware and then use ceemmc I have the same U-BOOT?

This is infinitely better than it was yesterday! Many thanks @hyphop, keep it up. :clap: :clap: :clap: :medal_military: :beers:

2 Likes

all COREELEC emmc images - for krescue was updated - VIM1 VIM2 VIM3 VIM3L

• updated to 9.2.2
  • add support for VIM3L to 9.2.2
3 Likes

Hope it will be possible to also develop Krescue for Khadas Edge-V in future.

5 Likes

I think @hyphop is under a lot of pressure. :smile:

3 Likes

Yes I think he will need to prioritise things. I will be available if there is any tester needed.
So he can concentrate of scripting and testing can be done by someone else.

3 Likes

yes its in our plans already!
im hope too;) porting krescue for rock-chip willbe not hard :wink:

2 Likes

@Hyphop I don’t know if you realize how important Krescue is for the Khadas line. It completely changes the game. It would be one of my main selling point of these boards if i was a reseller. We Edge owners and I’m sure I can speak for most of us, always feel left out. No one ever talks big about the edge. The edge-V maybe not as much. But whenever I need something Khadas related It’s always catered to the VIM lines. Now i’m not harping on you because all your amazing hard work is very much appreciated hypop. But I just ask can we please get Krescue on the edge and make it a #1 priority? Seriously, you announced in Nov it’s in the works. I am really starting to regret buying the edge. My kaptain comes in on thursday and i’m just not as excited as I once was. Can we get a timeline at the very least? Maybe an Alpha release :slight_smile:

3 Likes