Krescue not working or booting

which content writed on EMMC ?
if its empty no need to Press any Kyes just plug power )

Android build is on EMMC. I will try what my colleague did. Run Ubuntu and wipe EMMC from there, then try Krescue again. Edit: try to boot ubuntu from SDcard. After successful boot, USB keyboard / mouse not working :confused: Edit 2: Running Ubuntu from EMMC instead and usb keyboard works :slight_smile:

Ay caramba… :upside_down_face:

From my VIM3, I was using a normal resolution screen(1920x1080), Samsung class-10 16GB SD card, and both the krescue images from /system and /dump directories in the https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/Krescue/ page

BTW: full hd is 1920x1080 ;- i think u have same not 1980x1080

PS: i will check images again tomorrow and i try too help u again…

PSS: record plz full booting video if its possible

For the record, my screens native resolution 2560x1440.

I did run this command in ubuntu:“dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/bootloader” , then tried again with krescue on sd card, and then got into krescue

sorry , the resolution was misspelt, I shall record the booting process today…

From Krescue, last rom release for VIM3 is “VIM3.Android.Pie_V200319.emmc.kresq” so latest release is not available from Krescue? I believe latest is : “VIM3_Pie_V200624”.

I, too, am experiencing a mental crisis over this. I have an SD burned with the Krescue image from the Dump directory on the website. I have Ubuntu 20.04 burned to the eMMC but I want to dump the entire OS to an NVME that I have installed.

I have the SD card inserted and I have tried everything I can to get this thing to boot into Krescue and I am failing.

Can anyone enlighten me???

@lcollante which kernel version is the eMMC firmware on ?

Did you use this firmware for the SD card ?
https://dl.khadas.com/products/vim3/firmware/oowow/vim3-oowow-latest-sd.img.gz

@Electr1
The kernel version is 5.15.119.
No, I did not use that version for the SD card. I’ve been attempting with the system and dump versions of the VIM3.krescue.sd.img.gz image.

I shall give that version a try too though

old Krescue was replaced by new OOWOW

@hyphop
are there any issues with the kernel that might be causing problems here?
I have burned that oowow image to an SD card but alas, no amount of attempts to boot into maskrom mode is letting me boot to the SD card.