KKSB VIM3 case & wifi antenna question

there ain’t no space for that :sweat_smile:

this is more feasible , snug little door for them RF’s :laughing:

1 Like

First, thanks to all for their replies.

Yes, you have seen my problem. Maybe I didn’t explain it well, but the back corners are the same. I intended to contact KKSB after I’d gotten advice about the antenna. From a functionality standpoint, I can us it as it is. The IR receiver is not blocked by the antenna. The LEDs being hidden is merely an inconvenience.

As to your question about the slot above where the antenna goes, it lines up with these three connections (5, 6 & 7) when the unit is assembled:
Snapshot_60

This topic can be closed as Problem Solved now that I know better than to make any alterations to my wife antenna.

Thanks again to all that replied.

3 Likes

I have a CSA96 Media box i got off ebay and it has the RK3399 in it.

The whole top case is aluminum and the bottom is plastic.

For the wifi on this board they cut a small oval window on the side of the top aluminum case and attached a strip of plastic in the cutout, this plastic has the wifi board mounted to it.

Some one should do a wifi speed test with the wifi boards inside the metal box and outside.

If you go on amazon those rubber ducky style antennas come in a kit for less then $10. and just plug right into the board, no soldering you could add them to the case or attach them some other way so they can be reversible

2 Likes