Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

I have fone this with eviltrooper, we were the first one. However, I got message, that the code was already used before today. Unless we cannot exchange coupons between two.

Hello @atomek,

Heatsink: New VIM Heatsink
Case: DIY Case

Intel 660P 2TB SSD: We’ve tested Samsung SSDs 960 & 970 EVO on VIM3. Other NVMe SSDs like Intel will work too.

LibreELEC: Yes, see this post above.
CoreELEC: We will ship free VIM3 v11 samples to the CoreELEC Team.

3 Likes

Were you got. this Message?
Does it mean something was going wrong with my Order nr ???
Can someone confirm that i and urajmal complete all 3 tasks??

1 Like

Grateful if someone could give me his order number so that I could complete step 3. I gave mine away already. Many thanks.

Thank you @tsangyoujun , good things comes in small form factors :slight_smile: I’ve subscribed, bought a coupon and I just can’t wait for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did get the email response from Khadas:

Check out the image bellow.

Hello,the rule for the third task is that if you invite a friend to place an order, you will get a coupon, but if your friend wants to get a coupon, they must invite another person to buy it, so there is only one coupon between you and eviltrooper.

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words @atomek. I’ve just finished updating the website and social media. Phew!

Anyone looking to complete step 3 for discount? I’ve completed step 2, but need to find someone else to work with on step 3 & 4.

Let me know if interested.

2 Likes

Is that ok if I can have your order number? I gave mine to another person already. Your help will be much appreciated.

Please check my private message. Thanks.

2 Likes

Regarding the last update news that we got on email;

So we can use M.2 2280 only with the extension board?

Do you mean SSD?

As VIM3 and Edge-V only support PCIE SSD(M-Key), not Sata SSD(B+M Key), and all the NVMe SSD with 2280 form, so M2X board only with 2280 mounting holes:

NVMe: M

Sata: B + M:

3 Likes

Almost all, there exist a few 2230 and 2242 variants.

BTW: congratulations to VIM3, using the A311D here and the well thought expansion board!

3 Likes

Thanks for the information, will add the support of 2230, 2242 and 2260 in V11 version.

If I understood the @Urajmal question correctly. He asks about the simplest adapter for VIM3 with a flexible loop for connecting NVMe to M2 (without using an expansion Board). On the same principle as there is an expansion card for EDGE-V with a connector for SD cards.

1 Like

Anybody know that the actual performance of Amlogic A311D NPU is 5TOPS rather then 2.5Tops showed on our page & specs :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

We might need update our page and specs.

3 Likes

Thanks for making https://dl.khadas.com/Hardware/VIM3/Datasheet/A311D_Datasheet_01_Wesion.pdf available now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was aware, however this was strange to me all the time, because I read 5tops and was seeing 2.5 everywhere.

What I mean was: if we would need to add expension board in order to use NVMe?

Not a must, you can also plug in the SSD to the M.2 connector on the VIM3 board directly, but the problem in the way is not place to mount the SSD:

1 Like

Current m2 port location is not very nice like for edge-v, but in a very small form factor you have plenty of components and interfaces.
I looked at a flexible extender but even with that I don’t think existing cases can be used.