Khadas VIM3 is launching on 24 June!

Yep, the M2X not work for the DIY-Case.

Actually, M2X can also work on the Edge-V but with limited features, more details at:

What the fuck??
Really? This side ist the connector???

1 Like

That is the answer I was looking for!

Thanks!

I would like to express my deep gratitude to @J_J_J for helping me in completing Step 3. I think I now have a further discount by obtaining his order#. It would be great if someone who has a spare order# lying around could pass it to @J_J_J so that he can obtain a discount as well.

Grateful if @tsangyoujun can also verify whether I have successfully completed step 3. Many thanks.

2 Likes

For the following versions of the VIM3 EDGE-V is necessary to reconsider the location of the connector M2. Deploy it 180 degrees and move to the edge of the main Board, that would be possible without any adapters immediately to share the NVMe module and it is located under the main Board. Or add a separate simple adapter (price no more than 1-2 $) with a flexible loop that will allow you to place the NVMe under the main Board from the bottom.

2 Likes

You’re talking about a board 82×58 mm in size and about SSDs longer than that. Even with a diagonal position this won’t work (I did a quick measurement in Photoshop). The VIM form factor is not suitable for 2280 SSDs.

1 Like

@appwizcpl, @x_w_r Is your collaboration proposal for Step 3 still valid?

I have already completed Step 2 but still have no friends to share Order# with

@meprateek, @Urajmal is your collaboration proposal for Step 3 still valid?

I have already completed Step 2 but still have no friends to share Order# with

1 Like

Yes, if the module will extend beyond the main Board by a few mm, it is not critical. It is important that it could be placed in the case. This is not a problem. The longest 2280 module has a stock for placement in the housing. In addition, you yourself have given references to the reduced versions of 2230 2242, which with a large margin are included in the case and do not extend beyond the main Board. :slight_smile:

Hi, As per the email received, I have completed all the steps successfully. Eagerly awaiting my coupon.
I have pm’d you. Give my order no. a try. Hope it works for you. Thanks.

1 Like

I suggest you go help @J_J_J by giving him your order# first. I am sure someone will help you later.

1 Like

Hi @balbes150
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yep, it would be better if the SSD could be mounted onto the bottom side of the VIM SBC.

Actually, we tried when we designed the Edge-V, as @tkaiser mentioned the problem is that the length of 2280 SSD is larger the the VIM board.

Our team also talked about a solution to install the 2280 SSD inside the current DIY-Case(need leave the mount holes into the side of the Mid-Frame part of DIY-Case) but we finally abandoned due to:

• RK3399 with full four lanes PCIe and with 9x2 signals, it’s a big challenge for our PCB layout engineers to routine all the 9x2 signals with opposite 180 side :smile:
  • We have a thought, just a thought, that we can do SBC clusters and each SBC to communicate with the PCIe, in this case, the M.2 direct to outside will be easier for clusters applications.

For VIM3, we just designed to compatible with the Edge-V, but for future VIM, we will talk again then.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot @meprateek - I have just completed Step 3 using your Order ID!

1 Like

Hi, I have just PM-ed @J_J_J with my Order ID.
Hope it will work for him as well!

1 Like

You’re welcome! I am glad I was of some help.

2 Likes

@cheungie @gmacario our team will have a look tomorrow when they’re back in the office - thanks for your effort! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Flexible cable with adapter, solves all problems at once. You can “wrap” the module under the main Board (180 degrees). You can expose the module to the outside at any angle. At the same time, you do not need to redo anything in the existing placement of the connector on the main Board. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wanted to post a big thank you to @gmacario for passing me his order number for use in step 3! Major thank you!

This means that @gmacario is without a pairing friend code for step 3. If you have one that you have not passed out, please PM @gmacario.

@cheungie thank you for helping!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hello Everybody!

It is #VIM3’s launch day!

By the way, @Gouwa asked me to update the timer till 24 June 2019, 11:59PM (GMT+8).

So that means anyone who wants a VIM3 discount still has 14 hours left!

Thanks to everyone for participating, it was fun!

7 Likes

Does anyone knows whether the Vim3 supports Dolby Atmos?