Khadas vim compatible with atvxperience or not

thank you Zahir.

you probably already know :slightly_smiling_face: V3 (Oreo) ATVxperience coming soon - https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1009

EDIT: do you know how I can boot your rom from an external USB?

@NayamAmarshe, I am trying to port your May 25 atvX Oreo release (for p212 devices) to the Vim.

Iā€™m almost there, BUT a big drawback is the dpi of the original system. It results in tiny icons and unreadable labels when ported.

Could your team make a simple change to your build prop? If you added ā€œro.sf.lcd_density = 340ā€ to it, and sent me a link to the revised rom, I could have a working port in short order.

(I would disassemble and edit your build prop myself, but doing so results in an unsigned rom that hangs at ā€œchecking for updatesā€ during setup.)

Thereā€™s quite some interest here in seeing a new Oreo atvXperience rom for the Vimā€¦

I hope the atvXperience team will respond to my request above so that I can port their final Oreo release to the Vim.

Meanwhile, I have ported the standard (non-ATV) Oreo rom found in this thread. Although itā€™s not a new release, it is a very good one: faster than the Khadas rom, for sure. A little bare, but ready to be populated with your apps.

My Vim 1 port is linked here:

https://mega.nz/#!VfoiEYZb!2DLrgjLVhQI0BHepGw5vjaifjB7Q8Qt_CUz_e_oOYBo

1 Like

Hi Zair, I have been trying to port the atvX Oreo,
atvx oreo, direct in my vim 1 pro , works but no wifi,
atvx oreo+ Lewy_Oreo have problems with dpi, bluetooth, may be more.
atvx oreo + VIM_Oreo_V171229, I think that is the best combination works fine. Butā€¦ the google play tv does not work and autoupgrade with google play standar for android.
dpi problens are not by atvx, may be a Lewy_oreo problem.

@Cimmarron -thanks for the feedback, very helpful. Am working on solutions, will revert. :slightly_smiling_face:

So, here it is - atvXperience Oreo on the Vim.

@Cimmarron, my port fixes:

-Wifi
-Bluetooth
-Google Android TV Playstore
-UI resolution (dpi)

1st boot is slow, very fast afterwards. Let the rom sit for half a minute at the Language Selection screen, thereā€™s a lot going on in the background.

If for any reason it hangs after first connecting to wifi just reboot. and it will go through the next time.

One odd thing: system sound volume is fixed (at a usable level). It canā€™t be adjusted with your android remote so use your TV volume control instead.

To enable power standby, enable ā€œDeveloper Optionsā€ (hit Build under About in Settings 7 times) and then switch on Stay Awake.

https://mega.nz/#!cSQymQjL!S8-yRAAKtKScFKA5AjnqZKqB9j-dnGx1mZw07eJpQeg

2 Likes

I test it, it works fine.
Unffortunately CEC control does not work.it is important to me.
No shutdown menu, I try to install but root acces is required .
no root.
sound volume, it is correct.
wifi hangs after first conection.after reboots it works.

Thanks for the clear feedback @Cimmarron.

-long press on your remote power button should give you a simple power menu - shutdown or restart. And there are a couple of reboot apps in Aptoide that donā€™t require root.

-CEC is an issue with the base atvX rom, I think, which is an early release and does need a bit more work

The fact is, Oreo was never the best thing from Google ā€“ the Oreo kernel in particularā€¦
We could do much more if we had a Pie base!

BTW, I have a new port of a brilliant Nougat-based ATV rom here: the careful work of Minixfreak over at Freaktab.

To me, this one is superior to any Oreo-based rom - Google never realized the potential of Android 8, in my view, and this 7.1.2 rom is faster, cleaner and more full-featured than anything else currently available.

2 Likes

Hello friend Zahir, great and admired Zahir. Good morning from Spain. Last night, download and install the Minixfreak_OS ROM for Khadas Vim 1

Excellent work Zahir. Very fast and stable. With several very interesting applications.

Both the connection via WIFI and Ethernet RJ45 worked perfectly. Bluetooh also works correctly, BUT ā€¦ I have a couple of problems or doubts:

1 ā€”> Whenever I turn on the Khadas Vim1, it always appears by default with the screen resolution at 480p 60Hz or if I select or activate the option that says ā€œAutomatically change to the best resolution of the TVā€ then the resolution of my screen changes to 720p 60HZ and I would like to be able to leave the 1080p 60HZ screen resolution activated always and by default. My TV supports that resolution (1080p 60Hz) but the Khadas Vim1 does NOT start or does not turn on with ā€œthatā€ resolution (1080p 60Hz) and then I am forced to change it manually every time I turn on the Khadas Vim1.

I have tried to use several HDMI cables or to connect it to another HDMI port or another FullHD TV but the same thing always happens: the Khadas Vim1 starts or starts with a resolution of 480p ā€¦

Please help !! I trust you !! I know that you are capable!

2 ----> My other problem is that I can not get my TVā€™s remote control to operate the Khadas Vim 1. I have the HDMI CEC option activated but I can not get the remote control of my TV to work the Khadas Vim 1
Besides, on the GearBest website, I bought 2 remote controls for the Khadas Vim1 that work by Infrared but none of the 2 controls work on the Khadas Vim1. The exact models are: (https://es.gearbest.com/air-mouse/pp_604051.html?wid=1451237) and this (https://es.gearbest.com/air-mouse/pp_705004.html?wid = 1433363)

None of those 2 controls or the remote control of my TV work with the Khadas Vim 1

Please help !! I trust you !! I believe in you !! I know that you are capable!

My most sincere recognition for ALL your work and for sharing with all of us. Long live the Khadas Vim system :slight_smile:

Thank you very much again

PS: Talk to the SuperCeleron user and agree both and make a SPECIAL KHADAS VIM1 version of the Rom Minixfreak_OS
Together both (SuperCeleron and Zahir) are unstoppable and the Khadas Vim1 would fly !!!

Receive a cordial and affectionate greeting from a Spanish lover of the Khadas Vim1 system

Have a very good weekend!

See Freaktab for my reply and link to V2.

this sounds excellent. I will install when I get home from my holiday in Spain :smiley:

Enjoy your break.

Check my notes on V2 over at Freaktab before installing. Working fast and clean in most respects except HDMI-CEC (and Khadas remote).

Hi @Zahir. Iā€™ve went through entire thread and Iā€™m a bit confused. Iā€™d like to try a new ATV rom. Which one is the best at the moment? atvXperience V3 (canā€™t find working link), atvXperience Oreo or minixfreak?

Iā€™d go with atvXperience V3. Best all-round experience on the Vim.

Hereā€™s the link: enjoy,

https://mega.nz/#!FD5imKrI!kGzPalJ8jfNydRHienLi2LoMUt0XaPFnkBj0BAiGrLU

2 Likes

Is this available for vim2

No, I donā€™t have a Vim 2 to work with.

Zahir, the last link is also dead :frowning:

Zahir, please, can u update link for vim build?