Khadas Edge (RK3399PRO & RK3399 SBC) Indiegogo Campaign Is Live!

Edge-V V11

6 Likes

First alpha version Armbian for EDGE. :slight_smile:

https://mega.nz/#F!n1hihSKT!8kYublAPG4RtwSIBihOkVg

4 Likes

Edge-V V11 samples are ready for shipping soon :blush:

1 Like

Working well I have to say

1 Like

Website has been updated!

1 Like

New ver 20181122 , add wifi :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

hello.
not a lot of news, why there is no more contribution.
what are the news from your side.

The main news, @Kwiboo received a sample and began to study it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tried running the latest versions of LE with " rk3399-khadas-captain-linux.dtb" (I took dtb from Armbian) Khadas EDGE on SD card. The system starts normally and works, you can watch the video, but there is no sound (no audio devices available).
By the way, the interface and video in 4K works without brakes and lags. :slight_smile:

p.s.
Today I got the M2 SSD module. The following tests will be related to checking the installation and operation of the system in full mode with M2 (as a normal PC).

2 Likes

Figured out the audio output on EDGE via HDMI. Everything works with the new dtb. Working dtb can be taken here. The desired option should be written to the SD card (after recording the image) and write its name in the file “extlinux.conf” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it is very desirable to complete the case for Captain with a full set of racks and screws for the Assembly of different versions of the case. By the way, I was faced with the fact that after installing the case, it became difficult to get to the buttons on the EDGE (power, restart function). For the Captain there are a few buttons, preferably left button functions to convert and make the switch “poweroff\on” (the one that is on the opposite side of Captain, opposite the restart button).

@Gouwa
I put together a version of LE EDGE. I checked it myself, it seems everything works. :slight_smile:
You can check on the edge-v is going to be like Libreelec ?

3 Likes

Okay, will do and update here.

The Edge-V is a better choice for LE users.

Thanks for your efforts!

Hello Oleg,

I tried LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.0-devel-20181209133944-18c82d1-rock960.img on Captain, but failed to start and stuck at the Kodi startup interface, have you ever met this? Or should I change the dtb after buring to SD card?

Thanks.

Hi Nick
I do not always start. Sometimes you have to completely turn off and turn on the power again. Try the dtb files from the site.
It is advisable to check the run from SD card without Captain (via the IO module). Do you have the ability to check on EDGE-V ?

I don’t see HDR in the specs for the rk3399, is that supported on this SOC? Thanks

Yes, not supported by RK3399.

Yes, I tried on Edge V, but still stuck on Kodi startup interface, I’m not sure whether I did something wrong.

You’re doing it right as long as KODI isn’t stable. I don’t know why he’s acting like this yet. Possible cause incorrect settings in the dts (which are responsible for the HW acceleration). Because Armbian (no HW acceleration), the system is stable. But I noticed that when EDGE is directly connected to 4K TV, the LE kicks off better (less crashes). When connected to TV via HDMI-VGA adapter I have failures almost always, rarely when it is possible to start LE and it restarts after 10-20 seconds.