Khadas Edge Custom Android Pie Firmware v1.1 by mo123
- Add 10-Bit H264 video playback support in Kodi 18(not even Vim 3 can play these videos smoothly:) )
- New Recent Apps menu(Long press OK on a window to close it, long press back to close all recent apps)
- Fix shutdown with ir remote(Long press power button to power off or restart)
- Enable permissions for installed apps so you don’t have to enable it for all apps manually(Disable permissions not wanted if needed)
- Spoof ethernet as wifi (Now you can play games like Asphalt etc. that only work on wifi over ethernet too. Some apps only added wifi support since phones/tablets don’t have ethernet)
- Extra speed improvements
- Can switch to Google Webview in Developer options if using apps that use a lot of web content for better experience. Install GWV manually - https://apkpure.com/android-system-webview/com.google.android.webview
- Add Youtube leanback, Kiwi browser, Netflix apps
(Kiwi browser can use Chrome addons just like the PC Chrome browser)
- Removed a lot of bloatware apps that were meant for tablets
- Add HD SBC Bluetooth codec support in Developer Settings - More Settings in TvSettings
(Sound should have much higher bitrate playing over bluetooth speakers or headphones)
- Block some ads by default to browse faster
- Add kernel support for NFS, Samba v2(MiXplorer + Samba v2 addon is already installed)
(To use Samba v2, use a file manager like MiXplorer, most apps only use Samba v1 with slower speeds and follow this guide - https://androidpctv.com/tutorial-connect-android-pc-windows-samba/)
- Make TvSettings app visible in other launchers
- Add Settings app to TvSettings app menu(More Settings) to stop confusion of 2 installed Settings apps
- Changed default keyboard app to work better with an airmouse, it follows mouse movements.
- Fixed Keyboard - Physical keyboard - Show virtual keyboard(Now you can enter the wifi password correctly if using TvSettings with the onscreen keyboard if using a mouse)
- Fixed Kodi crashing
- Add Kodi auto frame-rate switching
- Fixed Youtube freezing problem
- Added fractional frame-rates 23.976hz( Can be useful for apps like Netflix to play smoother)
- General speed improvements
- Add writing to external storage support
- Made HDMI Bitstream audio the default to not manually set it if using passthrough audio
- Fixed Nova launcher crashes
- Fixed apps running sideways
- Removed battery icon
- Add Screenshot button
- Add Hide Bar (Hide Bar also added to Display settings, can be used with a game controller or keyboard) Can also long press menu button to hide/unhide.
- Add Power off icon (Shutdown also added to About menu, can be used with a game controller or keyboard)
Changed launcher to RKTVLauncher (more useful for ir remote and gamepads)
- Long press on icon to move it around
- New Settings at the bottom
There is still a lot I want to fix like removing SuperSU since it causes lots of errors in the background, optimise it for HDMI Displays, not tablet UI and add NVME auto mount.
Flash with AndroidTool v2.65 with DriverTool v4.8 installed.
Connect USB C cable to your PC, plugged into the button left port on Khadas Edge V and press the middle Function button 3 times in 2 seconds to enter Loader mode.
If already on Khadas Edge Pie firmware, just do ‘Upgrade’.
If still on Nougat do ‘Erase Flash’ then ‘Upgrade’.