EDGE-V bug thread [ANDROID PIE]

Any update devs? I’ve noticed a newer version of PIE (Edge_Pie_V190701) Last I checked, burn-tool has not been updated. Are we able to flash PIE to the Edge-V yet?

Burn-tool have been updated, and others have already started experiencing pie firmware.

goenjoyKhadas Staff

Burn-tool have been updated, and others have already started experiencing pie firmware.

I have just tried to flash the latest PIE firmware to the Edge-V and still have the same error message;

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/utils$ burn-tool -v rk -i ‘/home/ubuntu/Desktop/Edge_Pie_V190701/update.img’
Try to burn Rockchip image…
Burn to eMMC…
Rockchip Android image (or linux image compatible with AndroidTool one image burning) found!
Try to burn Rockchip image…
Loading firmware…
Support Type:RK330C FW Ver:9.0.00 FW Time:2019-07-01 17:20:24
Loader ver:1.19 Loader Time:2019-06-27 17:47:04
Download Firmware Fail

I ran git-pull to check burn-tool was updated. It already was, therefore burn-tool didnt appear to have any updates to me…

Please will you get this issue fixed and test it before you roll it out,especially before you indicate that it is working when it isn’t. The situation is getting a bit ridiculous now, your QC team should catch things like this very easily. The problem is going from NOUGAT to PIE, I’ve posted about this before…

Just a few things noticed all in good time…
Boarder Right edge on ES File

Around 3Dmark

Graphics go a bit weird also in 3D mark

Running my supper cooler to keep it KOOL:sunglasses:

50c~ with out fan pretty solid

Looking good

1 Like

So you burned it on linux. Sorry, we haven’t verified that Linux downloads Android 9.0 firmware yet. I verified that there was a problem tonight and I gave it back to rockchip. It is estimated that the download tool needs to be updated.

Hi Goenjoy,

I am able to mount SSD with command but my requirement is to mount automatically when it boots so do we need to make any entry in fstab for the same?

I don’t have this function for the time being. I’ll study it when I have time. But you can also implement it, mainly by executing those commands on boot.

In addition, if you want to mount in the file manager root directory, you need to modify the file manager code.

Hi Goenjoy

Thanks for update. I will implement it, just want to conform that from default SDK this provision is there or not.

unzip Linux_Upgrade_Tool_v1.47.zip
cd Linux_Upgrade_Tool_v1.47
sudo chmod a+x upgrade_tool
sudo ./upgrade_tool ef update.img
sudo ./upgrade_tool uf update.img

ef Representation erasure.
uf Representative upgrade.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Hello again,

I can confirm that the newer burn_tool version has allowed m to install PIE now.

However, PIE has all of the bugs that I have outlined in the NOUGAT bug thread and the PIE bug thread. Also there are more.

1. I can no longer click and drag icons/widgets on the home screen to place them where I want. This is critical to user experience.

2. Kodi 18.3 will not load. This is 50% of the use-case of an Android box for me.

3.There is an annoying low battery power icon, top right.

This build is even more useless than the NOUGAT build. The screen rotation bug still persists despite this being pointed out a good while ago. I have to wipe everything to try out a new build, only to find it’s more useless and contains more bugs than the one I replaced. $199 for the EDGE-V and it’s completely useless to me, still.

I’m tired with this product and bug hunting for you for free, only to have you ignore and fail to fix the bugs in good time. I’m contacting support via email to return this EDGE-V now.

Have you tried my custom Pie firmware?

All the bugs you mention were already fixed a week ago.

2 Likes

First of all, I’m sorry. This 9.0 is the first version of firmware, there are inevitably a variety of problems, but we will follow up various BUGs and solve it. However, it is impossible for us to build & release ROMs frequently, and we will accumulate enough time to update firmware.

Devs,

Thank you for the latest PIE build. Some progress at last.

As feedback, the following bugs now still exist;

• Strange contrast change every time the mouse pointer touches the top or bottom of the screen edge.

• Battery icon visible, top right.

• Unable to long-press to select, remove or drag-drop icons & widgets from within Nova Launcher.

• Strange grey block visible, bottom right of the screen after open/close Brave Browser.

Thanks.

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up your BUG.

Battery icon visible, top right.=》This should be normal, even without batteries, external power supply, Android system will think that there is a virtual battery.

=>I didn’t find this problem.

=>This should be normal, even without batteries, external power supply, Android system will think that there is a virtual battery.

=>I tested other 9.0 platforms and had this problem.

=>Solved, the next firmware will be updated.

Hello.
there are no future settings for the fan.

on all the pies that I tested, there are always some bugs.

either the edge reboots, without asking anything.

either the image freezes and we can do nothing, except by debranching it.

or she comes back to the desk, while watching a channel or movie.

thank you

Yes, fan settings will be nice for users with a fan.
Hope Khadas will test it.

Maybe also a setting for the LED
to make it flicker with activity or make it static, always on without moving?

1 Like

Thanks for feedback, the next firmware will be updated.

Not very clear. What BUG is it?

Thank you for your feedback. the next firmware will be fix it.

1 Like