I'm disappointed

So I have to say, I am extremely disappointed!

1.) there is no pure German. This is a mix between English and German (although German is set)
2.) My Huawei ME906s LTE card is not even recognized under VIM3_Pie_V200319 and VIM3_Pie_V200624. This card was recognized under VIM3_Pie_V191122, but I could not use it. Everything was grayed out
3.) under VIM3_Pie_V191122 it was not possible to use the mouse reasonably
4.) You have to have very narrow HDMI cables. Otherwise the HDMI cable wedges with the USB-C cable
5.) I couldn’t set a correct German keyboard layout in any firmware. I sometimes had to copy the “@” sign from the Internet.

Conclusion: I bought it because it is advertised with Android Pie, LTE is possible and there is enough power. Unfortunately, this € 200 package is nothing more than a completely overpriced toy which is still thoroughly in the worst beta stage and is not really usable with Android. I am extremely disappointed! If I don’t find a solution here in the next few days, all the stuff goes back.

2 Likes

Sorry for that. khadas official only support the Quectel EM06 4G LTE module. You can add ME906s support if you an developer. In addition, and I will give you some helps about it.

2 Likes

I am also experiencing trouble even with EM06-E bought from you. There seems to be some spelling mistakes in the source code, ie. “Ndroid” instead of “android” :

adb connect

adb logcat > d:\log.txt

Ndroid->
android->

Also a lot of errors, crash dumps, being logged, especially when inserting nano sim card. Its initializing , but then crash and stacktrace seconds after. I got data connection over 4G for some seconds before it went to 3G and no data being transfered anymore. Also choosing a lot of options in settings menu causes crashes.

Can you take a video for me about the crash? Thanks!

My colleague will share the recording with you, thanks!

did a full EMMC erase and flashed the newest version of VIM3 pie (V200624), now 4G works!

3 Likes

@Makro that is great to hear :slight_smile:
so then I guess your motto has changed from " I’m disappointed " to " I’m Happy "
:wink:

1 Like

Yes, the new version has had many changes to solve problems, in particular with the periphery
:+1:

1 Like

Yes, definitely :smile::+1: hehe, still a lot of querkiness but at least it works for our use now

2 Likes

I’m sure the imperfections will iron itself over time
:wink:

Yes, every time it will be better!
:slightly_smiling_face: