How to enable GPS location on Android?

@Banana Не могли бы вы рассказать в кратце, как заставить работать GNSS803G? Включение GPS вроде как добавили в последнюю прошивку)

I’m in the same boat…patiently waiting for the release

Купил GN-803G.
После подключения к VIM3, приемник в “dmesg” определился как “/dev/ttyACM0”
Выставил пока права на него 777.
Вывод “cat /dev/ttyACM0” на фото.
Yandex.maps, 2GIS и GPS Test приемник не видят, выкидывают на экран настроек “Сервис определения местоположения”.
Вечером продолжу эксперименты.

In the most recent firmware, GPS is disabled. (As well as in any other). GPS device drivers are not included. The GNSS system is disabled. In each individual case GPS is launched in its own way)))

1 Like

We have already added GNSS on our ROM. And will release the new Firmware in June.

3 Likes

@Terry is the new rom 64 bit?

:sweat: It’s only 32 bit ROM

@Terry ok Thanks, Is there any plans for a 64-bit release…?

somewhere there was official information about Android 11 x64

1 Like

Umm, I wouldn’t say official, even I got that from somewhere in this forum :grin:

@Terry gave the info, you ask him,here is where i got it

ok i corrected the link :grin:

1 Like

Outstanding news @Terry

@Terry
You have finally found a library for GPS receivers. Well.
Now to support all receivers, you need to add all USB serial drivers in kernel (PL2303, CH341, CP210X, FTDI_SIO) and add the ability to select the port and speed in the build.prop file. Also need to add 666 rights in ueventd.amlogic.rc file for ttyS4 and ttyUSB too.
Also, if you want GPS receivers to be defined as ttyGPS, you need to correct the drivers/usb/class/cdc-acm.c file.

Any ideas on how to add some additional touch drivers too?

Did you means USB touch module?

Now it’s only support USB GPS and not for UART GPS. :grinning:

No, it’s wrong. You use Voodik’s library. It supports all receivers, just need to add speed and port in build.prop file, for example:

ro.kernel.android.gps=ttyS4
ro.kernel.android.gps.speed=9600

I use it with UART port on all khadas board for the last 3 years.

1 Like

I means our official ROM not means the gps library. :sweat:

1 Like

Everyone can try my VIM3 ROM for car usage.
I activated UART GPS support.
ROM supports all USB and UART receivers, just need to add speed and port in /vendor/build.prop file, for example:

ro.kernel.android.gps=ttyS3
ro.kernel.android.gps.speed=9600

U-blox receivers are defined as ttyGPS. Also added all USB serial drivers in kernel (PL2303, CH341, CP210X, FTDI_SIO).
The maximum number of steps to adjust the volume, everyone can set the desired volume value, need to adjust the lines “ro.dmf.media.levels=30” - multimedia channel, “ro.dmf.notification.levels=15” - notification channel, “ro.dmf.alarm.levels=15” - alarm channel in the file /vendor/build.prop.
Shutdown by holding the POWER button for a long time without the confirmation menu.

My next steps:
Need to add VESA resolutions and ignoring an active Bluetooth connection, playing music, and a network connection for fast enter to deepsleep mode.

3 Likes

Ссылка больше не работает, можно ли еще скачать эту прошивку?
А может есть библиотека gps отдельно? Спасибо.