Hardware volume

Can we get the small pcb and the xmos firmware update the end of this year? Thank you!

Next month will be OK!

great! Can we flash the firmware using our own pc? and how much does the small pcb cost?

YES

Not too much :slight_smile:

Hello occip.

Sorry to bother you again, but I was wondering if perhaps you could give me a hint or two… We’re trying to play back four channels of audio using I2S (probably left justified in the future), and we’re seeing lovely I2S on sin0 and sin1 along with lovely bclk and lrclk. Looks just fine on the oscilloscope, and it played very nicely on the Xcore200 board.

The thing is, the DAC seems to be utterly dead. Which it isn’t. Even though the I2S signals reach it at the appropriate pins, nothing comes out of it. We believe that we are pulling the reset signal low, then high some milliseconds later, which we think should do the trick. Also, the DAC seems to enter I2S mode by default, so it should just work.

I notice you didn’t have audio initially, either. What was your issue? What on earth are we missing? Are we resetting it incorrectly? Is there some mute config or something we need to fiddle with?

Thanks!

• Coolheinze

Hi guys,we did a volume control DEMO and you Can use USB to directly upgrade your xmos firmware.

Download here:https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/test/ToneBoard/

TIM%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720181116183331

If you have a certain hands-on ability, you can experience it as soon as possible. Here’s how to experience it:
Step 1:

Step 2:

The simplest way to do this is with your hand, but there may be static volume controls.
DEMO:https://youtu.be/YoEnc0Z4s64

We will make an accessory for this hardware volume control, which will probably be completed next month.
Have fun!

5 Likes

great, hopefully the small accessory will be easy to install!

Great! :smiley:

…uhmm… I don’t suppose, you could uhmm… open source it? Pretty please? :grinning:

thank you very much, definitely wanting to apply that!

Hi
PM sent
I hope it will be ok

Thanx SO much! Will give it a go… :crossed_fingers:t3:

hi, after you flash the xmos, can you choose the hardware mixer in volumio? I am using exactly the same setup with yours. I really want the hardware mixer to do the volume control.

In french :

Matériel = hardware

So basically what I need to do is writing your code to the dfu and flash it to the board?
Thank you very much!

Great improvement! I suppose it shouldn’t be difficult to control the volume by a rotary encoder as well. Could someone competent suggest a simple circuit?

Anyway, can headphones be connected directly to the RCA output without additional amplifier? The missing headphone jack is another small drawback of the board.

With latest XMOS firmware you can adjust the volume on Volumio.

Tested with Volumio-0.7-2018-05-20-aml9xxxarmv7.img

4 Likes

Will the Toneboard become available with the new XMOS firmware already installed?

Hardware volume control?

Hi, is it correct to do this with TUSBAudioDfu.exe on Windows?
Do I have to load both @Ben007’s wesion_volume_ctrl_dfu.bin and wesion_volume_mute_flash.bin?
In any particular order?

First wesion_volume_mute_flash.bin then wesion_volume_ctrl_dfu.bin.We’ll put it all together in a formal version later.

1 Like