Fastboot flash boot boot.img

C:\Users\admin\Downloads\VIM3_R_AOSP_V210604\Android>fastboot flash boot boot.img
target reported max download size of 134217728 bytes
sending ‘boot’ (21170 KB)…
OKAY [ 0.969s]
writing ‘boot’…
FAILED (remote: too large for partition)
finished. total time: 1.000s

how solution this error

1 Like

@Khadas_Sai @Khadasisfun @khadasnimi @KhadasIot @khadas22022 @khadasta I am facing this error. can anyone please help me to fix this. I am trying to flash images in vim3 using ubuntu 23 OS.

@harshad.rnd_drcindia Have you got solution of your issue? if yes please share possible solution here…

I found little progress here. when i try to flash files with blow command i am getting success:

fastboot flash flash_vim3 recovery.img

But now i am facing new error when i try to flash 2 files:

1. fastboot flash flash_vim3 userdata.img
    For this command i am getting error: FAILED (remote: ‘Request would exceed partition size!’)

2. fastboot flash -S 100M flash_vim3 super.img
    For this command i am getting error: FAILED (remote: ‘flash write failure’)

Hello, are you using the command incorrectly? Please refer to the following cases and documents.

@xiong.zhang Thank you very much for reply. i check link your suggest and tried to install burn tool, i am getting Ubuntu not verified error:

Screenshot from 2023-12-12 18-23-14

Hello, is the VIM3 you are using Android firmware or Linux firmware?

@xiong.zhang Android Firmware

@xiong.zhang Please help here.

@Dinesh the tool states 23.04 not suitable, try running the tool from 22.04, 20.04 or 18.04 Ubuntu PC.

@Electr1 Thanks for reply. I have installed ubuntu 22.04 and installation process worked perfect.

Basically i want to install VIM3_T_AOSP_V211126 (dl.khadas.com - Index of /firmware/vim3/android/). to install this OS i need to flash images/ bin files that are extracted from zip file. But i am getting flash fail message when i try to flash large files.

Please help me to move forward.

Hello @Dinesh

@xiong.zhang can help you

You have followed the order of my picture below

You can try to update the FastBoot version, the link is as follows

1 Like

@xiong.zhang I tried same as per your suggestion. Small files i am able to flash successfully. When i try to flash large files boot.img(22.8 Mb), Recovery.img( 30.8 Mb) and super.img (1.4 Gb) i am getting Failled with reason “remote: too large for partition”.

Hello, did you compile the image after modification? If you unzip it and modify it, the partition size will be changed, and the burning will fail.

Hi @xiong.zhang I did not make any changes in unzip file. I just unzip file and trying to flash all files one by one.

This is Google’s AOSP code. You can try the following burning steps.

1. Reboot to U-Boot

adb reboot bootloader

1. Flash using the script
# for VIM3
fastboot flash bootloader u-boot_kvim3_noab.bin

# For both
fastboot erase bootenv && fastboot oem format && fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img && fastboot flash boot_b boot.img &&
 fastboot flash super super.img && fastboot flash userdata userdata.img &&
 fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo-unsigned.img && fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo-unsigned.img &&
 fastboot erase misc
  1. Reboot the board

fastboot reboot