Fail to boot to fastboot mode on VIM3

I am not getting any device detected for fastboot after trying to reboot from Android to fastboot bootloader.
After running “adb reboot bootloader”, the VIM3 board rebooted and showed KHADAS logo on display, but no bootloader screen showed up and no device detected for fastboot.

• Is there any USB driver needed to install on Windows to use fastboot with VIM3 board?
  • Is there any image needed to install on VIM3 board to boot to fastboot mode?

Thanks

Target board: VIM3
OS running on target board (VIM3): Android 9 (from Khadas image)

Host machine: Windows 11

The USB_Burning_Tool works ok with VIM3 on my Windows machine.
The fastboot also works ok on my Windows machine with other Android devices.

Hello, here is the relevant fastboot operation document, you can refer to it here

https://docs.khadas.com/local/dev/android/fastboot

Thanks, I don’t have access to that. The website doesn’t have option to create new account.

Do you happen to know how to register to get access to the local docs?

Sorry, this may not be synchronized, you can refer to the content of the old document is the same

Thanks Xiong.

I am having issue to detect VIM3 device in fastboot mode.

Either running “adb reboot bootloader” or “adb reboot fastboot”, my PC still not detecting fastboot mode VIM3 device, so I couldn’t run any fastboot command with VIM3.

I try to find our if

• Is there any USB driver needed to install on Windows to use fastboot with VIM3 board?
  • Is there any image needed to install on VIM3 board to boot to fastboot mode?

Thanks.

Hello, the following is an example of using fastboot to burn logo.img, please check whether you have done this

You can send the result of your command execution to see

In addition, there is fastboot.exe in the root directory of your adb.exe execution file, this is essential to execute fastboot,like this

If not below is the link to download adb platform-tools
https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

My PC doesn’t detect VIM3 fastboot device.

My fastboot works ok with other devices.

I am wondering if there is a USB driver needed to use fastboot with VIM3, or the VIM3 image on my VIM3 board doesn’t support fastboot.

C:>adb devices

• daemon not running; starting now at tcp:5037
  • daemon started successfully
    List of devices attached
    c8631473c90b device

C:>adb reboot fastboot

C:>fastboot devices

C:>

I found the USB driver from Google Android website, that fix the VIM3 fastboot device not detected issue.

Get the Google USB Driver | Android Studio | Android Developers

1 Like