Extreme cooling help

Damn, that is quite low of a conductivity :confused:

I have a suggestion, you could try to put Epoxy around the edge of the heatsink, then fill the cavity to the rim with thermal paste, just a gooey suggestion :smile:

Yeah it’s not very high - the thermal paste I use is over 8 but this works as it’s thin and I mount the boards vertically and this keeps them in place!

1 Like

Yes, by the way how much do you save on heating ? just curious :smile: , does it get warm while standing near the Radiator exaust ?

It begins thermal throtling at 75c and throttles healvily at 85C

Is that all the cooling you are using?

I believe @birty is also using some fans on top of all those boards to blow out all the hot air…

Yes, I have a few boards and cool them with 120mm fans - more efficient (and quieter) to do it that way.

The exhaust is warm not hot I would say - even with 90 boards it’s only about 500w at the wall - that’s the beauty of arm boards - low power

I would also say irony, these boards were made to have low power consumption, and low heat output, why are we even thinking about extreme cooling in the first place ???

But does give me the thought, what is the benefit of the 12nm process the VIM3 and VIM3L, we still face thermal throttling, its seems to me that they should make it in 7nm or not make it at all…

With a small heatsink and a bit of airflow gets rid of the throttling. They are much better than a 120w tdp amd processor!

2 Likes

Are we talking threadripper or Ryzen, I can see my intel computer smirking across the room with that petty lil’ 10nm :rofl:

Are all 90 boards the Khadas or are they all diferent?

I believe an outsider named Odroid is in the midst as well…

Where else can i get the vim passive cooler?

Ide get from Khadas but $30. shipping?! I got all my other Khadas stuff from Amazon free shipping and its quick got my relacement VIM2 in 2 days

1 Like

Is it not there in Amazon.uk yet ?

1 Like

im in central USA, its not at my amazon yet

3 Likes

I guess the sales dept. has to update with them, there are a lot of stuff that is missing, especially, between Europe and USA, there are a lot of differences…

example the touchscreen, modem etc.

2 Likes

These are all vim2 boards

Used to have odroid - sold them - 32bit, slow and power hungry!

Building ones with vim3 boards now

4 Likes

So your about to have a mass VIM2 sale? :astonished:

I wanted to ask how much space they take, now I see
:slightly_smiling_face:

no, this is for mining
although maybe they will ever go under the hammer
:slightly_smiling_face: