Extreme cooling help

new design radiators ?

I am the lucky owner of one!
:hugs::+1:

We will update the source code later, we still need more testing.

When I try to setup higher clock the system crashedā€¦ Maybe it is the maximum or should be lower, still need more testing.

2 Likes

well it is good to know it was capable of achieving such high clock speeds, Now the VIM3 can take the position of Fastest ARM sbc in the market !!!,

we also have another victoryā€¦
we have the highest clock speed achieved by a Cortex A-53 core (2.3 GHz)

Now I am waiting for @Terry to give the thumbs up for Android Overclockā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

Thanksā€¦ also is it possible to overclock the gpu too maybe to 850 Mhz from 700 or 750 in current firmware

It says in the A311D spec sheet it goes only up to 800MHz, but even the spec says the CPU is stuck at 2.2GHz so I guess there isnā€™t any harm in trying to going higherā€¦

BTW, have you tested it on your device, are you getting comparable results ?

Got an M2 stand off kit off Amazon

Go a head and laugh! :smiley:

1 Like

why laugh?, It looks beautiful mate :heart_eyes:

My only concern is that the fan is squished under that top cover, Is it having the necessary area open on top so air to get sucked in ?

it probably has a reverse acting fan
:slightly_smiling_face:

That fan must be from noctua as they use that color for their products.

Super quiet is it?

whatever it may be, Axial fans need a lot of clearance for the Intake and exhaust, this is because of low pressure and High airflow they produce, You could understand thatā€™s why in my setup the fan top is left openā€¦

Otherwise it causes stress on the Fan motor and the result is no proper airflow and a strange but scary squeal coming from it which means your expensive sound-proof cooling fan has gone rogue :hear_no_evil:

no matter how it is, but Khadas, provided a top cover for the case, which in turn assumes a fan, technically, for heat dissipation
:wink:

Yes, It seems this was in mind while in design
:grin:

Anyone measured the distance between the gpio pins and the back I/O ports on the back of the board. Iā€™m trying to figure out if I can you an old but unused AM1 cooler itā€™s about 50mm^2 x 30mm high Since I canā€™t use the case with the M2X expansion board I was figuring Iā€™d try out that cooler. Alpine also made one for the Socket AM1 chips as well which is less noisy. I wanting to know how much thermal pad I might need if it doesnā€™t fit directly to the board

Itā€™s 8mm from the board to the top of the back I/O ports if any on wanted to know or cares.

38mm is the tightest tolerance on that part of the board, but since it is metal, iā€™d say 36mm just to be safe and not touch everything and cause shortsā€¦

That said, you can use a few copper shims of (36x50mm max) instead of thermal pads (10mm should be enough), adds weight, but wouldnā€™t matter if it is just sitting on a tableā€¦

I use the top cover to hold the fan to the top or it will fall out, there is nothing to screw the fan to

It is very quiet, i put the fanin the center under the khadas logo becasue it seems the most open for air intake

Well Iā€™ve been there too :confused:

we were all there!.:wink: