Extreme cooling help

These one is supposed to prevent flames…
:joy:

buddy, I hope my Khadas doesn’t take off?
:thinking::sweat_smile::rocket:

1 Like

Probably will be in the sky-high…
:slightly_smiling_face: :point_up:

hmm, I wouldn’t want him to fly away
:roll_eyes::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No one him want’s to fly away buddy :smile:

@hyphop and I are testing out some “extreme cooling”. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Amazing! :joy:
Why the pens on the side ?
looks like you guys are having fun in the office, I want in on it… :smile:

1 Like

@tsangyoujun I know that there is an app for the cooler, but I don’t know how to get it on other device

I think there is a QR code included with the device package that links to the Application, you can download it and control the cooler in android, you can even enable supecooling to -13°C !

1 Like

Oh interesting, okay we shall test that out. Though I’m quite sure @hyphop’s phone battery would be dead before -13C. :smile:

We did find out something interesting though; a large block of iron placed on top of the RK3399 chip has sufficient thermal mass to achieve a stable temperature at 56C even at maximum frequency (fixed, no throttling). This means that you technically don’t need a fan or fancy cooling solution.

That said, with the Black Shark, we are getting a stabilization temperature of about 41C. :stuck_out_tongue:

Office ambient temp: 26C (air-conditioning)

1 Like

Yikes!, are you powering it with a phone ?
I really want to see what is happening !!!
:joy:

Powering the Shark off a USB-C adapter. Ah its Bluetooth, okay there’s no need to drain the phone’s battery. :smiley:

Well congrats guys, you are the first to achieve sub-zero cooling on a VIM device and have RGB on the same time !
:wink:

1 Like

Did you try copper instead of Iron ?

@tsangyoujun I was scouring through Ordroid forms the other day… Turns out overclocking is possible with A311D just need to pass some command to the m4 chip inside… I tried asking for info about the same but couldn’t get it there. I am sure Amlogic would provide this information to Khadas teams…

Look at the new ordroid n2+ it clocks upto 2.4Ghz on big cores and 2GHz on small core… With all these discussions on cooling it would be great if we could overclock VIM3…

Could the khadas team contact Amlogic to find a way to overclock??

3 Likes

I am still in testing, you want to try my firmware ?
I did a lil something different…
not just the DTB but also something else…

Changing the DTB alone wouldn’t help as I told earlier… we need to pass some commands to the internal co processor…

1 Like

probably no one wants to deviate from the standards, however they can share information if there is one

whatever it is, please test it for me…

Individually modded DTBs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Oio4il618YX_X8EuOKI4CuRQNWYdqhaJ?usp=sharing

Note the ROM ships with some random DTB, so please copy the correct one you want and do the change from 2.x.dtb to dtb.img and replace it…

NOTE:
eg. 2.6.dtb mean 2.6 GHz max…

1 Like

A311D and S922X are essentially the same… just that A311D has higher clocks if they can overclock s922X a311d should also be possible…

@Archangel1235 please try my firmware and give me feed back plzzz…