Extreme cooling help

The point is to be able to remove it, i dont want anything permanent on the Khadas boards, if i glue that super cooler to the old vim2 sink then screw it down i can then i change it

yes, there will be enough high hinges

You do have a point…

Khadas Shop previously offered a free shipping option. Due to the Covid, free shipping options have become less attractive due to extended shipping times and reliability of delivery. I have an order from a CH retailer, so far it has been over 75 days, package still hasn’t left CH. I believe Khadas is wanting to depend only on reliable shipping methods and those can be costly right now.
̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶V̶I̶M̶2̶ ̶H̶S̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶v̶e̶.̶
@BowerR64 Sorry, it is an extra Edge HS I have.

1 Like

your package was accidentally lost? 75 days, this is too much

Agreed. However, the retailer has extended the time needed to make a claim of loss due to the Covid, so I wait. In two weeks, I can make the claim. Of course I could start a dispute on PayPal, but in this case, getting the item is not time sensitive, so I wait. Waiting builds character some say. :rofl:

ohh, well, I don’t know, but I’ll say that I haven’t lost any parcels in China yet, I have to pay tribute to China Post!
:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, this is a first for me. That may help explain my patience. :grin:

in any case, I hope that the parcel reaches you safe and sound!
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Rubber band trick! Now even stress -c6 can’t get to 75C \o/

1 Like

Why did you use that box?

My Khadas came with SUPER HIGHLY customizable free case with Khadas logoSuper customizable case

It is the same box of course.

No post 88 he uses a weird brown shoebox or something

this is not my box, but Electr1

I used his photo, I have a standard DIY case

:grin:

Hehe :sweat_smile:, sorry it was due to budget cuts, also I was going to implement mine in a Tablet style device so I saw no reason to get a DIY case…

It has raised many eyebrows by now, it has a distinct charm to it; :joy:

Here is what i have so far, VIM1 Sweden case. 2 40X40 Noctua 5V fans on top of a 70X40X20 heatsink and all that is sitting on a 120mm 5V usb fan.

So the 2 Noctua fans cool the heatsink which cools the top of the sweden case then the 120mm cools the bottom of the case

Cooling

2 Likes

Amazing mate, tell me some performance numbers, It looks Awesome :heart_eyes:

Can you try using it with the heatsink on top of the SBC itself?, I suggest spray painting it if doing so, as it will act as some electrical insulation…

I see a metal case, do you want super extreme cooling or what else can you call it?
:grin:

It reminds me of this extreme PC cooling setup…

2 Likes

looks like a turbine from an airplane or rocket, usually flames come out of them
:thinking::fire::rocket:

1 Like