Download Firmware Fail

Hello

I got Download Firmware Fail than tryint to flash Khadas Edge-v by USB-C, and on booting form SD it does not do upgrade - what could be the problem?

sudo rk-burn-tool -i ./update.img
[sudo] password for alexandr:
Burn to eMMC…
Rockchip Android image (or linux image compatible with AndroidTool one image burning) found!
Try to burn Rockchip image…
Loading firmware…
Support Type:RK330C FW Ver:9.0.276 FW Time:2019-12-27 16:23:21
Loader ver:1.19 Loader Time:2019-12-27 11:33:17
Download Firmware Fail

rk-burn-tool -i ./Edge_Ubuntu-server-focal_Linux-5.7_arm64_EMMC_V0.9.1-20200602.img
Burn to eMMC…
Rockchip Android image (or linux image compatible with AndroidTool one image burning) found!
Try to burn Rockchip image…
Loading firmware…
Support Type:RK330C FW Ver:6.0.41 FW Time:2020-06-02 17:52:49
Loader ver:1.24 Loader Time:2020-06-02 17:39:42
Download Firmware Fail

Welcome!

try updating by cable, always thought it was a reliable method
:slightly_smiling_face:

Так я и пытаюсь по кабелю USB-C и всегда Download Firmware Fail - ничего не прошвается!

Have you downloaded drivers to your computer for Rockchip?

Yes, i am using Ubuntu. Khadas is auto mounted as a flash driver, it enters to upgrade mode, but on flashing it says " Download Firmware Fail" for no reason

Khadas Edge-v ______

Hello @AlexanderItcooky,
Please show us the image of the the state at which the device firmware upgrade fails

the Edge board is notorious to take a lot of power, please try to power the device (bottom USB-C) with external power supply while upgrading firmware (top USB-C)

Please use the latest tools for Rockchip

Thank you

I was using Keys Mode (U-Boot is Running Normally) to enter to Upgrade Mode -that does not work
TST Mode (Recommended) worked, and upgrade was done (black screen android not working but upgrade done)

3 Likes

I realized that you just could not determine the board

So that means, your upgrade was successful right !

Yes thank you_________

2 Likes

Do i need a password for those files?

I cant get them to download, i need them for my board im stuck on the 8.1 rom and cant get it to upgrade

no, these archives do not contain a password, you are faced with a problem, which file, and what are you trying to open?

the rockchip tool, my edge is stuck on 8.1 i cant get it to reflash i get green screen

By the way, you need to clarify which versions of the tools are suitable for version 8.1, and not the fact that these will be the latest versions of tools, Rockchip has a different arrangement than on Amlogic

1 Like

Here is my method, plug USB into board>laptop, hold maskrom pins, plug in power, lap top beeps and i get “Found one MASKROM device” i load the firmware, wait, click “upgrade” and it gets to 100% then when it goes to do the check i get “download firmware fail”

The bottom image is the first, before i do the flash

This is posted in the Edge category, however, firmware loaded is for something called a Rock64( :grin:). Are you trying to flash the Edge?

ooh, busted :laughing:
Anyway, that’s Rock64 which is the RK3288, not even compatible at the slightest with RK3399…
I am sure @BowerR64 just wanted to show how he did it, not actually flash it…

RK3328. Bower64 has at least one of every Khadas device known to exist, only natural to play the field a bit. :grin:

1 Like