Daphile compatible?

Can Daphile run on this board ? thank you so much

I did not see any ARM version on their website, so probably not easy to do.
There is a Volumio version for VIMs, provided by balbes150. If I am not mistaken, they are similar in features. Volumio for VIM can be found here.

2 Likes

Daphile haven’t arm build. It is only x86. I spoke to Kimo (daphile dev) two years ago and he said that no plans for ARM support.

Daphile is based on LMS build on gento linux so you can achieve exactly the same functionality by installing Logitech Media Server with Daphile DSD patches on any Linux distro with VIM :slight_smile:
Of course Daphile is heavy optimized with prebuild main futures including local player, DSD playback and so on but I don’t believe you will hear any difference if you install LMS on VIM.

@RDFTKV, Daphile is not exactly Volumio. It is a complete audiophile multiroom solution with tons of community supported futures and plugins, including Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, YouTube, Musicarchive, and so on. You can use almost any connected player - squeezelite, UPnP, AirPlay, Chromecast, etc.

1 Like

Yes, my familiarity with Daphile is limited. I played with it a while back when I was distro-hopping, but did not get far into it, as is the disro-hopper’s way.:grin:
Thanks for the info.

I download Tidal music and then import them to Daphile and all songs are put in the ‘Digitally Imported’ playlist.

I have used DRmare Spotify Music Downloader to download Spotify songs and playlists as common local files and I can locate them on my computer. They are able to be synced to any other device and player.
Could I confirm whether I can play downloaded Spotify files on Daphile?