Case for the VIM3 and M2X

@mtcl11 please check out this model, see if it suits your need…
has hdmi input for vim4, and some extra room for new M2X and SSD placement

*based off of original model made for VIM3

cheers

2 Likes

Hey, I love that model, but the problem with this model is that it doesn’t fit with the fan for VIM4. I’ll attach pictures:

This causes the ports to not align because the fan pushes it just a little bit up.

Is it possible to create a top for it so I can also use it without the screen tho?

Ah yes, there is a bit of a tolerance issue which causes that, the lip of the edge holding the board is sometimes lower than the board itself and it can cause it to seat in an awkward angle…

it happened on my print as well, and the only fix it use blue tack or such to keep it in place

as for closing it, you can print this dummy adapter that goes inplace of the screen:

I printed two of these, mostly happy with it so thank you for adapting this to the vim4.My only complaint is that the hole for the HDMI in is not centered to the port. The port is a few mm to the left towards the buttons on the board making it impossible to use the port if you have a thick casing on the mini-HDMI plug.

The RJ45 was also super tight, at first I didn’t think it would fit the plug but I managed to squeeze it in. The issue seems to be the width of the hole.

Much appreciated, the offset was meant for the LEDs, and i didn’t have the vim4 at the time of making.

Much thanks for the feedback, I’ll incorporate the changes into the design.

Cheers!

would you be up designing a laptop style case? vim 3 silent heatsink + new mx3, ts050

thinking i don’t mind it being slightly bulky if you can add in a top or under fan to keep things a little cooler ubuntu under load as it for my 3d printer runs fine but i’d like to at least 1 fan, the nvme adds to said heat also. fold up screen, think it’d doable my mechanical hands are far less suited to 3d design unfortunately
or
a pc style cazy, board midway some crazy design not after slim but more, wow check that lil pc that can out…

what do you think eithe would require a fan for my use, intergrated screen as your 1st case, is amazing and the work you have done is awesome highly appreaciated, i printed 1 of your cases, but alas i have a jam in my hotend so its came out with poor extrsio, i’ll link a pic once ive installed for now to keep my board a bit safer.

Currently not designing anything, but I will let you know soon if I’m working on something :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers

1 Like

just for giggles, using an old universal reverse camera, those that have an audio jack style connector… was messing around with 1 found out they offer usb over audio style jack chopped it off thought I’d try after I’d split the water proof casing to be nosy and noticing they where usb compatible, placements and quality is poor waiting on two 4k uhd cameras designed for laptops to arrive, again these are usb, so will be adding an extra usb, via gpio, another reason for my Q surrounding a more pc or laptop style case…
so the resulting print is slightly under extruded and slightly squashed on layer’s I’ll it before my next print, and post time-lapse+ finished print. where in the world are you, if it’s ok I’d not mind shipping a couple to you, if you could help me design one or both laptop or pc, i did ask my bro, as good as he is at design hes lazy slow and un-motived for anyone but himself unfortunately, need to strip and replace my hot end, but a 11 sec time laps, of the case I originally printed by you Electr1

That would be epic mate, as I stated I would t mind printing and posting over to you from the UK but I do t know where you are. Here’s the rubbish yimeolaps of my slightly miss extruded case you designed

1 Like

Might be of interest :smile:

Привет! Не могли бы вы поделиться файлом?

1 Like

Please. Can you design a higher case that can be accommodated with the VIM3 board also Tone1 (VIM Edition) card + TS050 Touch Screen?
Will be very appreciated.