Build vim2 firmware including root support

not necessary, etcher will do all the work for you, doesn’t matter even if the SD card is formatted, it will do everything.

1 Like

Yep, save the time and hassle of that windows installation,

That is brilliant I’m new to this I’ve got a lot to learn

MacThomas62,
almost everything has been done for you here
:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for helping us

2 Likes

Take your time, we will be here to help :smile:

1 Like

I think I know what’s making my vim2 crashes and freezes and buffers I’ve got Kodi on it and I think it’s Kodi that’s making it shutdown

Hello, if crashes occur while working with Kodi, then this is the case with a high probability.

Sorry what do mean it’s been doing this for quite a while I thought it was something to do with the addons like a faulty addon that needs removing

What do you mean high probability something to do with the addons that are On Kodi I’ve moved addons on there it still keeps shutting down would it be something to do with the hardware

hi, I didn’t say anything about addons, maybe you can track this failure in the error log, or install coreelec separately

Hi I know what the error log what will I have to look out for but what’s coreelec how do I install it I’ve got to get to the bottom of this it’s driving me mad I would like to know what’s doing it it’s been doing it for ages

Can you describe your problem in more detail, at what point does the system crash?

CoreELEC is a Linux distribution based on Kodi technology whose main goal is to make it as lightweight as possible, ideal for low power devices.
Installation method:

I hoping this has fixed it I’ve download error log kodi I viewed it and see a repo that had errors so I removed it hopefully this has fixed It noticed that had a lot of errors I’ve had this problem for ages and I still don’t know what’s doing it but if I’m watching something On Kodi it literally turns the vim2 off as if I’m restarting the vim2 I’m not sure if it’s Kodi but I’ve looked everywhere on the internet on to fix this issue that I’m having I’ve got other apk’s on the vim2 that have movies and tv shows I haven’t seen the problem on these.

I’m having problems again with the vim2 I thought it was something to do Kodi so I stop using it because it kept on restarting the vim2 it’s still doing it I haven’t a clue what’s doing it I think I’m going give up because I don’t know what could be doing it I’m not sure how to fix this problem because it’s becoming very annoying.

Is Kodi still installed? If so, have you tried uninstalling it?
If possible, save your data and maybe reflash the VIM2.

Install something else (different OS) and watch your device work

It’s the vim2 that’s doing it I’ve uninstalled Kodi that’s when I found out the thing is I don’t want to remove the OS android that’s on it there is know other update

It is possible that some part of the OS has become corrupted. Without a factory reset or flashing/reflashing the VIM2, it could be difficult to resolve.
I assume you are certain the power supply and cable are delivering the required voltage and current.

I’ve done a factory reset about 4 or 5 times but it’s still been doing it I don’t know what’s making it restart I thought it was something to do with Kodi I even tried a different cable I’ve got official khadas plug and cable it doesn’t work with another cable say iPhone cable or the iPhone plug I’ve got the latest image I’ve noticed there is android pie I was thinking of trying that I’m bit worried doing this because mess up my vim2