Build vim2 firmware including root support

alright this is the link to my logcat file logcat.log
hopefully i have done this right.

sorry i forgot to say this is the logcat file for my vim2 hopefully you can see what is causing the vim2 to random restart or reboot.

alright this is the link to my logcat file logcat.log
hopefully i have done this right.

I am not the person to analyze the log, as stated, not much experience with that on the VIMs. One of the other forum members or Khadas Team members will better be able to help you interpret the log.
When you returned your VIM 2 to Khadas, did you also return the power supply/cable to them?

You ain’t going to believe this but I’ve changed the khadas cable I’ve got two ones the original that came with vim2 and the other I bought later 2018 but touched wood it hasn’t randomly restart or reboot yet and the other thing is the media application it self could be doing this when I watch media I doesn’t go of if I’m watching a movie that I have downloaded and if watching YouTube so it’s probably the application that’s doing this now I didn’t send the cable and plug I should of they would of given me a new one.

Hi, maybe you yourself accidentally damaged the power cable while using vim, a common occurrence, the cable just changes and you continue to use vim.
:wink::+1:
But I must note, my cables from Khadas are still alive, but the old cable, in my opinion, is no longer very good, but it still continues to serve me!:+1:

I’m waiting for my power supply and cable I received it next week from khadas.

Not hard for me to believe, as I have stated previously, power supply and/or cable are very often(if not the most common) the source of random reboot issues. While I do not have specific data to back up my claim, there is plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggests it is true.
It is the reason checking the power supply and/or cable was one of my very first suggestions when you presented the reboot issue.

While i know we are not out of the woods yet, your experience with a different cable is encouraging.

I do not know what would have happened, however, they could have checked the PS and Cable for proper function.

Looking forward to the results with the new parts.

For now, does the issue persist?

It hasn’t i don’t understand it hasn’t gone of once but before it randomly restart about 3 times on the same day what I did is change the cable this is the newest one I haven’t used this as much and update the app now I don’t know if that’s fixed the issue but it hasn’t gone of once I received the new power supply and cable tomorrow know one has got back to us about the logcat file I post it to Profile - hyphop - Khadas Community

Received the power supply and cable plug it in for first time random restart straight away not good at all but I’ve gone back to the other plug.

Have you tried the power supply with the recently working cable? Or visa versa?

I plugged in the new power supply and cable it doesn’t work I was watching a movie straight away it restart back to the color symbols when you power on for first time I don’t get it because it’s a brand new power supply and cable so I’ve gone back to the one I’ve been using for some reason this is not random restart the vim2 I hope I don’t talk to soon but if this fails then I don’t know what’s causing this know one as got back to me about my logcat file.

Do you know if superceleron is going to do a update on the pie normal user debug for the vim2

Sorry, I do not know. I hear he has been busy with his paid work lately. I will let you know if I hear anything.

RDFTKV It’s still restarting I’ve had enough of this I’ve tried factory reset and the new power supply and cable and I’ve gone back to the other cable but its still restarting but I’ve noticed it work on a older version of os nougat it didn’t restart maybe this is the problem the os needs updating.

Sorry, I don’t know what is up with your VIM2. Maybe try to run one of the Linux SD card versions, see if it reboots. Wonder what hardware or software problem.

I’ve changed the hdmi cable see if that works I did have khadas hdmi cable I’m going to try the new power supply and cable see if that works

Have a look here.

So I might be doing another rom for the vim2 he says he’s dropped vim1, I think I’ve sorted out the problem with my vim2 I’ve changed the hdmi cable I was using khadas hdmi cable so far its been ok I was searching the web when I came across article about random restarts on android and it was saying that most of the time what’s causing it is the hdmi cable I didn’t know this myself it was driving us mad so I had to find so what i did is change the hdmi cable and go into settings on the vim2 hdmi cec when you’re in here make sure toggle on cec switch one key play is toggle on one key power off and auto change language is toggle on I think I’ve done it fingers crossed.

1 Like