Build vim2 firmware including root support

How do you get them apps through the google play store.

I found on f-droid logcat reader will this work

yep, that will work.
just remember to have the app running in the background…

No luck with the new power supppy?

I haven’t received it yet but I want to find out what’s causing this with log file that could tell us but I don’t know what I’ve got to look out for.

You can post the log here and that way others can help with the diagnosis.

1 Like

I’m hoping I’m doing this right there is two logcat readers it’s showing device logs I’m hoping I can attached it to this message.

RDFTKV What’s the best log file reader that I can use that’s just straight forward because there is so many I haven’t a clue which one to pick do you know any.

I’ve done it using android studio I connected it to my computer the vim2 it’s showing a lot of errors I think it’s finished it doesn’t look good there’s a lot of red writing that’s if I have done it correctly what I did is connect the c cable to my vim2 to computer then the hdmi cable to the vim2 and the Ethernet cable to the vim2 on my tv screen usb debugging connected click on logcat on android studio just got to wait for it to finish hopefully I’ve done this right.

When done post the log here.

1 Like

How do I post the log file from my vim2 because it’s saying Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp)

What does this mean and how do I post the log file on the forum.

@MacThomas62 you can copy the contents of the logfile and post it in pastebin.com

RDFTKV Where do I find the log file on the vim2 and what’s the best log file reader app or something similar to it that I can use I need to know what’s causing my vim2 to randomly restarts or rebooting this is the only find out and how do I save the file I’ve been told I can use pastebin but how do I post it on here so everyone can see then you can tell us what’s causing this because it’s driving mad I don’t know who else I can talk to.

I rarely need logs, so I don’t have vast experience with the different log apps. When a log is necessary, I prefer to get it using a serial to USB converter and a Windows program called Putty.
On Android, for this example I am using the log app SysLog and the app Total Commander for a file manager.
See demo video here.

This forum is full of helpful people, many more knowledgeable on these devices and their OSes than I. You are not alone. :slightly_smiling_face:

When does the power supply arrive?

Next week I hope it’s coming from China i hoping it’s going to work with this new power supply and cable I’m using a app called logcat reader as I opened it for the first you see all of this text on screen but I was told to keep it running in the background there’s a lot errors showing as I’m writing this I don’t understand any of this text I was told to use pastebin but one copy the log file using pastebin how do I post it on here so you can see it.

I have not used LogCat in a few years. The log app used in the demo produces a zip file with all relevant logs. I have not used Pastebin, @Electr1 could better guide you on that.

I’ve downloaded the logcat how do I put this on pastebin and then post it on here I tried to post it on and I got this message Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp)
What does this mean

@MacThomas62 you could put it on the cloud or mediafire and share the link…

I know how to copy and paste using cloud or mediafire but how do I get the logcat file on here I tried but I got this message Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp)
It’s saying that its not authorized how do I get pass this message.

@MacThomas62 you can’t post it here for that reason,
(discourse forum uses markdown for text formatting, it can only accept links, images, and audio clips)