Brand new fresh out of the box VIM2 dead

Thank you RDFTKV, its working pretty solid now, im still having an issue with the bluetooth but i can deal with that.

Is there a better version of andoid for this board? I believe its running 7.1

Maybe a newer rom will help the bluetooth? or the damaged circuit it causing it?

None the less its working and i thin its reliable now

Khadas just offered an Android 9 preview firmware, it is here.

I have this installed on my VIM2. Though my VIM2 is the 1.2 version, I will check Bluetooth. I assume you have both antenna connected.

Yes both antennas are hooked up

Thanks ill check out the android 9

Install with SD card? or does it need a tool to install?

FIgured ide ask before i brick it doing it the wrong way

NVM i think i git it, used burn card maker

Wish i could of kept that desk top backgound

Dang, i think made another dumb mistake

Updating a rom on a board with a bad cirquit was another dumb decision

Why is that, what happened?

Well it hangs after the update and after the update during the android pie graphics animation thing with the circles it just hangs there spinning all the colored circles.

Went to the VM2 download page and downloaded Oreo and it installed and ran fine, tried pie for a second time and did the same thing.

I think the Vim2 came with 7.1? i didnt really look but i think it was 7.1

Is there another version of pie for the VIM2? If not ill go back to oreo

I think it was shipped with 7.1 nougat

NVM there is no oreo in the DL section so i just tried the 2019 version of 7.1

One of the 7.1 roms i downloaded the fan wouldnt work, ide turn it on and cycle threw the differnet speeds but it wouldnt run

Ok, you really need to get your board fixed mate, it seems really messed up, my suggestion is send it to khadas and get it fixed, I am serious, you will need to spend money, but that is better than your entire 100 bucks going down the drain, please trust me :slight_smile:

Nahh its ok, just wouldnt take the Pie Rom, so far ive put 3 different roms on it

Im installing V910518 now, this one should be good

ok pal, it’s you call, enjoy your VIM2 :slight_smile:
I guess the older Nougat version should be more stable

Actually after installing the other 3 roms and now this version, i think this is the one it shipped with lol

lol what a waste of time

yeah, the most important virtue of tinkering, you never know how fast time flies by :wink:
or was that the virtue of when you are having fun :upside_down_face:

That Pie image is only a preview, a more stable version should follow. When you made the Pie burn card, did you set the “erase all” option? I ask because the Pie image loaded on my VIM2 fine. I used the USB Burning Tool method. I will try to do it with a card and see how that goes.

In the meantime, if you have not looked at custom ROMs by @superceleron, might be worth a look. They are based on Android 7.1.

Android 8, 8.1, a.k.a Oreo was a dud, Khadas removed those images as they were not being supported.

At least you got your wallpaper back. :smile:

Negotiation happens every time, starting at 5v - otherwise you could blow up a device that doesn’t support pd by plugging in a different board to the same power supply for instance.

Re powering a vim2 via gpio - I’ve got 90 boards powered by gpio and theyve been running 24"7 for probably a year so powering via gpio work fine - saves soldering as well!

3 Likes

And doing intensive mining during that time as well :grin:

1 Like

here is the link to Pie, it looks much better, the video is smoother

https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM2/Android/Pie/VIM2_Pie_V200624.7z

Exactly - and all the boards still going strong as well - khadas should employ me for stress testing ,:rofl:

you could sell them later, certified stress tested VIM2 :joy:
but… I think @RDFTKV should get that certification as well for trying to brick his VIMs only to be revived seconds later…

but hey you’re just regular guys trying to torture soulless VIMs as a career :rofl: