Balanced output?

Hi

Would like to check if having a balanced output for dac is in part of the roadmap?

1 Like

The next generation of products will have a balanced output.

1 Like

can’t wait to see it happen.

What will be the timeline for this?

Will there be any 8 channel ones in the new generation? it’s hard to find good quality linux-friendly multi channel outputs for active crossover use.

1 Like

Great, I guess I should wait for the next generation. I do not need balanced output at the moment, but maybe you could improve the extendability as well…? (Hint: Audiophonics DAC I-Sabre ES9038Q2M)

:ok_hand: I bought 2 Tone boards because of the Audio Science Review. Don’t forget to send the balanced board when it’s available. I am waiting for balanced board too. Take time to design, we like the best quality for cheap …lol… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi there,

Could we hack the board to add balanced Output ?
You wrote Q2 for Balanced version, and new generation, would you please elaborate ?
Could it be doabble to add Toslink input & digital input selector ?
My goal is to have multiple inputs : I2S, Coax & Toslink
Cheers

Will the Tone Board 2 XLR be a galvanic separation of USB-C from the electronic circuit of the DAC converter?

2 Likes

For the new generation balanced tone board, can you consider providing connection pins to let users power the op amp output stage directly (skip internal dc-to-dc converter) and also add zero-ohm resistors from internal ±5.5V so they can be removed when using external power.

1 Like

Any updates on the release date for this balanced product line?

4 Likes

Balanced output should be relatively easy to add - look at the schematic and read Bruno Putzeys’ ‘The G Word’ paper. You need a couple of 100R 0.5% resistors to go between ground and XLR pin 3. Ideally they should be matched to the parallel combination of R50 and R58 for right, an R43 and R57 for left, but that’s probably overkill.

1 Like

Would be nice to have a version with xlr and optical maybe and a version with just xlr, when you say balanced do you mean xlr outputs?

Will it support the vim2 ??

Would be nice also if there was a cable we could attach so we can add a volume knob to control volume via hardware based and not software based :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any update on the balanced version’s release date?

Q2 IS 33% over, and updates? I am very excited to try balanced output, I just updated the firmware on my current tone board and ordered a VIM2 Max to use with my old tone board when I purchase the new tone board.

What advantages does Balanced output have?

http://www.empiricalaudio.com/computer-audio/audio-faqs/balanced-versus-unbalanced

Noise rejection essentially.

Yes I’m waiting for a XLR or 1/4 inch balanced version, RCA jacks is too noisy for me? I need balanced my studio monitors like Balanced. I’m waiting…

Any updates on this new version

1 Like